moveing mods to a new game

dbm2047

ok, i just downloaded a few mods that i love and beat dao, now i want to do a new game as a different class (warrior). the mods all spawned their items in the char inv space, but no matter what i do i cant get them to spawn on the new game, i have tried removing the mods and re downloading them, deleting the old game that had the mods, and some small tweaks that also did not work. i have windows vista and the dao special pack on disk. if anyone knows how to fix this or what i am missing please comment here.

Ever since patch 1.03, mods that add items directly to the inventory will FAIL with a brand-new game.

Work-around is as follows:

1. Disable/Remove the add-item mods.

2. Start your new game.

3. Play until you are able to make your first save.

4. SAVE.

5. Exit the game.

6. Reenable/Restore the add-items mods.

7. Start game.

8. Load SAVE.

Your items should now appear in your inventory. :thumbsup:

Edited by Thandal
typos.

Hiyas Dbm, welcome to the nexus forums! Sorry to hear that you're having troubles tho :(

But yeah, like Thandal said, its most likely patch 1.03 or 1.04 that is causing your problem. The solution that he listed is spot on.

Just remember to do that whenever you make new toons ;)

lol great minds etc etc. We mere mortals sometimes forget (Me included) to de-activate all mods BEFORE creating a new character and then wonder why the heck they don't work. Simple but not overly obvious to some, especially if they do not mod games frequently.