Morrigan "romance"

Lehcar

I still refuse to believe that Morrigan ever loved or even cared about the Warden in any way shape or form. Heck, come the endgame, she even flat out tells you she and that crusty old bat of a mother of hers were just using you for your you-know-what from the very start. And I still refuse to accept any reason for her scramming with your kid. Sorry, but that doesn't sound very loving to me. You don't pull crappy things like that on someone if you love or care about them at all, you just don't, and there is absolutely no excuse in the world for a stunt like that. She remains an icy, selfish, evil little wench even into WH and her whole "romance" is a hollow and painfully dissatisfying bust...

Seriously even Viconia DeVir wasn't this heartless, or brought the PC this much heart wrenching, aching misery, people... :(

Edited by Lehcar

If you refuse it, then its your loss but I'll let you know that David Gaider's (Morrigan's writer) wrote in the BSN that Morrigan did love the Warden and the ring was her way to say "I love you". I don't have the comments with me at the moment (and my Internet is slow here), but a quick search in the BSN will help find the comment I speak of. If you are still hurt/lost/feel really bad about it, then PM him and you would get the answer straight from him.

Corbin would have known that Morrigan is very cryptic about things and this is one of those things that she is cryptic about. How does a person isolated from the outside world say "I love you" without making a fool out of themselves?

hhmmm Morrigan ist the most strange caracter in this whole game so i think.

I think she only want to get her own designated target.

You saw it in the DLC whitch Hunt ... Morrigan left much ??? in the story line shes one of the "deepest" characters in the game :)

Sry 4 my english i just learned it in shool hope u understand what i mean ;)

Forgive me for the misogynistic rant, but IMO the majority of women are users in one way or another. Most women say that they care little about money, height, or genital size. However, the guys in high school with the prettiest girlfriends were almost invariably the ones with the richest parents. I myself even had dated a couple of girls simply because I had a 1993 Saturn SL(this was only two years ago when I lived in Southern California, car capital of the world). Therefore, Morrigan may have cared deeply for the warden, but as the Warden tells Alistair late in the game,"everyone is out for themselves".

David Gaider's (Morrigan's writer) wrote in the BSN that Morrigan did love the Warden and the ring was her way to say "I love you".

Morrigan was written by a man, what a surprise.

You don't pull crappy things like that on someone if you love or care about them at all, you just don't

Then you have never dated the women I have. Human behavior is rarely ever rational, especially when it comes to sex. Caring about someone rarely keeps us from using them.

Morrigan was written by a man, what a surprise.

Why do you care, he wrote the majority of the romances in Origins and BG2. What does sex of a writer have anything to with it?

@ Lehar

"She remains an icy, selfish, evil little wench even into WH and her whole "romance" is a hollow and painfully dissatisfying bust..."

If by "WH" you mean "White House".... I think I know whom you are talking about. :yes:

As for Morrigan, when I knew her in 1967 she called herself Melody. Leliana used the name Stephanie. I loved them both in my simple way and was both punished and delighted for that emotion..

Cheers

. What does sex of a writer have anything to with it?

The styles of male and female writing are so different, that they made computers that can tell the difference between the two(men are more objectionable, women more relational). For obvious reasons, a male view of romance will most likely be much different than a female's view.

Why do you care, he wrote the majority of the romances in Origins and BG2

Those weren't good romances either.