Morrigan "romance"

Lehcar

. What does sex of a writer have anything to with it?
The styles of male and female writing are so different, that they made computers that can tell the difference between the two(men are more objectionable, women more relational). For obvious reasons, a male view of romance will most likely be much different than a female's view.

Well...in Morrigan's case it makes not one bit of difference whether the romance was written by a male OR a female, as the character of Morrigan is arguably male-ish in outlook and demeanour, and has no idea of friendship, let alone romance.

Play the character, not the player/author.

The styles of male and female writing are so different, that they made computers that can tell the difference between the two(men are more objectionable, women more relational). For obvious reasons, a male view of romance will most likely be much different than a female's view.

That's bs, it has nothing to do with sex but with the experience of the writer and the character it-self. Morrigan was meant to be seductive, pragmatic woman who can't handle her feelings. Alistair was meant to be weak-willed and shy king and is strong when needs he to be. Leliana was meant to be a sweet and bubbly reformer who is also a dangerous "nut-case". Zevran was meant to be sex addict assassin who is a deep, well presented man. That's their character, that's what they meant to be presented as. There are romantic poems, novels, plays, written by men they are just as compassionate as the women. There is no difference to the character when it comes to writing from either sex.

Those weren't good romances either.

Other's will disagree with you there, bitterly.

• 2 weeks later...

Forgive me for the misogynistic rant, but IMO the majority of women are users in one way or another. Most women say that they care little about money, height, or genital size. However, the guys in high school with the prettiest girlfriends were almost invariably the ones with the richest parents. I myself even had dated a couple of girls simply because I had a 1993 Saturn SL(this was only two years ago when I lived in Southern California, car capital of the world). Therefore, Morrigan may have cared deeply for the warden, but as the Warden tells Alistair late in the game,"everyone is out for themselves".

David Gaider's (Morrigan's writer) wrote in the BSN that Morrigan did love the Warden and the ring was her way to say "I love you".

Morrigan was written by a man, what a surprise.

You don't pull crappy things like that on someone if you love or care about them at all, you just don't

Then you have never dated the women I have. Human behavior is rarely ever rational, especially when it comes to sex. Caring about someone rarely keeps us from using them.

Haha. Interesting post. I remember one article mentioned that female are mostly attracted to alpha males who are dominant in social hierarchy. It's not so hard to guess why Morrigan is more interested to save King Cailan for power than a noble Human warden. :laugh:

Anyway, I saw her facial expression at Eluvian Mirror and I know the ring does have some effect on her. I trust she loves my warden that she allows him to join her and meet their son. It's a perfect ending for me. I don't wish Gaider to ruin that happy ending by creating more tearful drama. We know Gaider is very good at that.

I think of Morrigan akin to a child brought from out of african jungle, thrust into american society and expected to relate approipately. SHe clings to the one thign she has been taught, that she knows SHE is meant to do, [ flemeth taught her to use men til they are spent, and to have this demon baby!] She skitters around emotions she cannot put a name too, she is like a feral dog in that respect to me, Liking the affection the attention but afraid of the next step,

I think it would take far more time to acclimate to emotions and society than a view brief forays into lothering, and it seems to me that Flemeth may have intentionally or inadvertantly taught her to shun humanity, its treasures and to fear interactions with them, i.e. templars will kill you etc. So while i could wish for a fairy tale ending, I think overall it was written correctly.

I will not go into the gender issue mentioned, other than suffice it to be, humans can be jerks all over, regardless of their sex in regards to relationships and mb much else! hope i phrased that correctly, forgiveness if not!