kengiczar

When trying to compile this:

ScriptName MyFirstScript extends Quest
{This is my first script.
It prints the message "Hello, World!" to the screen once.}

Event OnInit()
Debug.Notification("Hello, World!")
EndEvent

Through notepad++'s "Run" at the top, selecting the ScriptCompiler.bat file which looks like this:

"F:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Papyrus Compiler\ScriptCompiler.bat" %1 -f="TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg" -i=
"F:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source" -o="F:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts"
pause

The command prompt shows up and is endlessly outputting the following the following:

C:Program Files (x86)\Notepad++>"F:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Papyrus Compiler\ScriptCompiler.bat -f -f="TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg" -i=

The attached files show my installation and file paths, what is actually in the ScriptCompiler.bat file and the results of trying to "Run" in Notepad++

This all happened when I got stuck using this guide: http://www.cipscis.com/skyrim/tutorials/beginners.aspx

I've been searching the net for five hours while going back and forth between multiple forum posts, youtube videos and the wiki guide. I've verified the integrity of both Skyrim and the Creation kit making sure to make the .bat file point to the right direction afterwards. Any advice is appreciated. I don't think I'm willing to uninstal Skyrim but I might just have to redownload the creation kit which makes me a tad sad.

I did read one thing that said something about the %1 in the .bat file actually treating TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg as what it's trying to compile or somesuch however that bit is left exactly how it is on the CreationKit.com website..most every where else people suggested checking paths or unpacking the TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg file which is currently in the Data\Scripts\Source folder.

I haven't messed with papyrus in a long time but when I was compiling stuff using notepad++ as my text editor I used the instructions from this page:

http://www.creationkit.com/Notepad%2B%2B_Setup

and they worked flawlessly. I suggest you look at that, BUT:

note that

"F:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Papyrus Compiler\ScriptCompiler.bat" %1 -f="TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg" -i="F:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source" -o="F:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts"

is actually ONE line of text; from what I can see in your screenshot you seem to have two lines.

Aye that's the guide I've been using. The reason that it appears as two lines is because of the word wrap feature in notepad++. I appreciate your time though and am still reviewing the page to double check everything.

I don't think that's one line, because I see line numbers on the side saying 1 and 2. If it were one line, it would look like this:

http://i.imgur.com/CRIOpFe.jpg

See the difference? The word-wrapped line 1 with all A's wraps around to the second line but line #2 starts on the "b" line. You definitely have a line break there where it shouldn't be, right after -i=

Aye that's the guide I've been using. The reason that it appears as two lines is because of the word wrap feature in notepad++. I appreciate your time though and am still reviewing the page to double check everything.

Also did you install the vanilla scripts source folder located in the scripts.rar archive in your data folder.