Stuck in Character Creation area

oni4i

Does anyone have an idea as to which kind of mod would cause your character to get stuck in the character creation area? After creating the character, the cutscene where you run from spiders plays, and then, boom my character spawns into the character creation area, with no way to get out. Thoughts, please?

That's definitely weird...

Two questions that will help with figuring this out:

1) Are you using the latest patch and latest mod manager?

2) What mods do you have installed?

Also, if you do have the latest patch and mod manager and then encountered these problems, did you try repairing the game to see if that helped?

Hi! Yes, I am using the latest patch and mod manager, along with a couple dozen mods which work perfectly with existing saves. I have tried repairing, along with other possible workarounds, such as incrementing the package.mft for the patch to load before the merged patch, removing the merged mod patch folder from the game folder, and disabling ReShade, none of which helps. At this point, I'm kinda resigned to not rolling any more characters. TT_TT

Are you seeing more than one patch when you open mod manager? (There should be only one)

If not the case...

Since your other save games seem to be working fine, my guess would be that the potential problem would be with a mod that changes something in the introduction part of your game (for example, the invisible starting armor mod) If you take any mods that change the introduction's armor/weapons/character appearances other than your inquisitor out of the equation, do you still encounter the problem when creating a new character?

Does the official patch file in mod manager v 0.53 say version 9?

Just disabling the mod in the mod manager will not remove it entirely from the game. You would need to do another merge with the mod removed from the mod folder directory you're keeping your mods in if you want to test individual mods. Super time consuming, I know. (not clear from your post whether or not you knew this, so apologies in advance if you already do)

It would help if you listed the mods you're currently using, or if you snapped a screenshot of your opened mod manager so we can see what mods are installed. Otherwise, it's hard to say whether or not it's a problem that's being created by a mod.

EDIT

If you are using any sort of fps fix, disable that before starting a new character.

Edited by Silverstarre

Well, that's embarrassing, I totally forgot about the fps fix I was using. That fixed it! Thank you sooooo much, you're a lifesaver! :dance:

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have an idea as to which kind of mod would cause your character to get stuck in the character creation area? After creating the character, the cutscene where you run from spiders plays, and then, boom my character spawns into the character creation area, with no way to get out. Thoughts, please?

I had that once.. turned out to be a Shadow play error.. thought it was fixed by now.... update game and Gforce experience, if you use it...