Morrigan's child

Serdan90

hey im new

can anyone tell what Morrigan will do with "our" child i played the dlc whitch Hunt and i must say i got a lot of questions.. * SPOILER*** she disapered trough the mirrow and went away on "the other side" theres is my child . what did she want 2 do with him why does she needs him ?

And what about flemeth is she so bad like morrigan told me i heared she will come Back in the new Dragon Age (Flemeth)

Sry 4 my english i just got it in school :)

Thanks 4 helpfull answers :wallbash:

Welcome, Serdan90!

The answers to your questions are:

We don't know.

We don't know.

-and-

We don't know.

:laugh:

We know that Flemeth is, (and that Morrigan isn't) in Dragon Age 2.

We know that Morrigan "warned us" that Flemeth has some grand plot at work that she (Morrigan) wants to avoid or escape, and that's why she's using the Eluvian (the mirror) to go "somewhere else" (with the child, if there is one.)

We HOPE that Morrigan (and child?) will be back in DA3. (At least some hope so...)

We'll know more in a couple of weeks, on Release Day!

Edited by Thandal
typos.

Just out of curiosity, was there any reason that a Grey Warden needed to father the child, or could it have been simply any male?

Yes, it had to be a Grey Warden (PC, Alistair, or Loghain) in order to pass along the Taint so that when the Arch Demon was slain the "essence" of the Old God would then pass to the "child", (if, as Morrigan rightly remarks, "... it can be called that at such an early stage.") THAT was the entire point of the Dark Ritual.

Side Note: Even if you had denied her the DR, if your Warden had ever warmed her tent during your specific DA:O playthrough, Morrigan will have had a child when you catch up to her in Witch Hunt. One presumes, in this case, NOT an "Old God Baby" (OGB). :tongue:

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's sad that she only wants the baby so she can use him... for whatever she wants to use it for. I don't know if having the soul of a god will grant him some supermagical powers or something. Poor kid.

But what I wonder is, why does she think she's always going to be able to gain power or whatever she wants through him? The kid's the one with the "power", she's just his mom. Why would he want to listen to his mom forever? Especially if she's a creepy crusty and evil little wench like that. What makes her think he's going to let her use him forever? What's stopping him from rebelling and refusing to let her control him use him anymore when he gets older? She rebelled against her own mom so what's stopping him from doing the same and ditching her to make his own way in the world? He's a human too so I won't be surprised if that does happen.

I hope my point makes sense. I'll be interested to see what the results are if the writers do this, which they should since it's the most realistic route.

It's strange that Morrigan would think she'd be able to control him any better than her own mother was able to corral her. Why did she not think of this ahead of time?

I wonder if the guy's going to end up going through a "I just want to be normal!" kind of thing.

Edited by Lehcar

@Lehcar; Sounds like you haven't played Witch Hunt. At the end you get some idea of how Morrigan views the child.

Let's just say that it's not quite what you think...

Although I do admit that the writers did a great job of saying things in away that allows players to put whatever interpretation on things they prefer.

You see Morri as heartless, self-serving, and power-hungry? What she says can heard as fully supporting that. You see her as isolated, unable to reconcile her (newly found) feelings with the lessons Flemeth ingrained so deeply, and scared almost beyond reason by what she's learned about "What is to come..."? Then you can hear her words and tone as remarkably tender.

So, Kudos to BioWare! As Flemeth herself said, "We all believe what we want to believe."