We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

Galatine Greatsword Mod (Warframe)

nofaceuzu

So I have been playing Warframe (free-to-play game on steam) a lot lately. There are many weapons in the game, and most of them look really nice. One that caught my eye was the Galatine, a heavy greatsword that does massive damage. Then I thought how cool it would to be able to wield one in Skyrim, so I started working on a model in cinema 4d.I made it from scratch with using an image as a reference. I would like some feedback if the sword looks good (i'm a noob at 3d modeling, so don't go hard on me) and if it resembles it nicely. Also I would like to know if you would want to see it uploaded on the nexus.

Original picture from Warframe:

http://i.imgur.com/M0lxXvK.png

3D model I made:

http://i.imgur.com/Uk0zAy4.jpg

I would love, love to play with this in Skyrim. In all of Warframe Scindo and Galantine are just the most classic and cool looking weapons.

As far as comparison to the Warframe version I think the center blade is a little thin. I first noticed this when comparing the curviture of the sides and think that widening to match the original more will help you to be able to put the curve on both sides of that longest portion.

Also at the very bottom where the butt of the weapon is is a little to narrow compared to the original.

Lastly the two prongs on either side of the guard need to make a bit more of an obtuse angle. As they are now they are nearly aprrallel with the blade. They should be a little wider.

These accents will make the sword seem heavier and help it really live up to that great "whoosh" sound effect used in Warframe. Even if you leave the sword as is though It still looks great and this is the first time I've seen something on Nexus that makes me want to model. Great job!

I would love, love to play with this in Skyrim. In all of Warframe Scindo and Galantine are just the most classic and cool looking weapons.

As far as comparison to the Warframe version I think the center blade is a little thin. I first noticed this when comparing the curviture of the sides and think that widening to match the original more will help you to be able to put the curve on both sides of that longest portion.

Also at the very bottom where the butt of the weapon is is a little to narrow compared to the original.

Lastly the two prongs on either side of the guard need to make a bit more of an obtuse angle. As they are now they are nearly aprrallel with the blade. They should be a little wider.

These accents will make the sword seem heavier and help it really live up to that great "whoosh" sound effect used in Warframe. Even if you leave the sword as is though It still looks great and this is the first time I've seen something on Nexus that makes me want to model. Great job!

Thank you for the feedback. I made the center blade a bit thicker and now it looks better ,but I couldn't edit the prongs or the butt of the weapon. It is because I already combined the all the parts into one, so I can't really change it. Also, I got it into the game. The texture needs improving but other than that, the mod is almost ready for upload.

Ingame screenshot(there is blood on the blade because I was testing it on some bandits):

http://i.imgur.com/rkY9yIH.jpg

• 2 weeks later...