Dead Money crash?!?

EViLKeNn

Guys, I just think is a problem of saving corrupted by some mod that change the script ... because I use always the same character and the game crash only if I load the game after saving with the mod ... and if I cancel the mod and load the game, the save remains same corrupt! I believe you only need to find the point where the save was corrupted and load a save game before the corrupt... :confused:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad that I backed-up my entire Steam+Fallout New Vegas folder in a compressed zip file to my back-up computer and external hard-drive yesterday.

As soon as I read all this today (after I had already downloaded Dead Money as well as the Update for it this morning) I immediately re-named the updated Steam folder to SteamCorrupted and then unzipped my backup Steam folder in my documents folder and copy/pasted to it's directory.

Now I am running my old Steam folder (making sure to remain offline when logging on) and I copy/pasted all Dead Money Data from the FNV folder of the Corrupted/Updated Steam Folder over to my currently used FNV Data folder, so I can still check Dead Money out without the Steam Update.

So far no issues loading my game, but have to travel to the quest area and see if Dead Money will still work without the lame update.

I guess it should, since the update likely just serves the purpose of Achievements, which I don't give a wooden nickel about lol

I'll remain offline Steam indefinitely until I know for sure the crap that people are having issues with from this Corrupting Update from Steam, is fixed lol

To hell with being online on Steam., I quarantined that Mother&5*!@ haha

P.S: I knew that this would happen one day, Steam and their stupid updates screwing the pooch on FNV...

Man oh man, am I glad I backed up my Steam folder every so often, just in case....otherwise no FNV today or tomorrow or who knows when again >.>

Hey Steam, consider this my big F-YOU to you! haha

Edited by enclave1488

I am glad that I backed-up my entire Steam+Fallout New Vegas folder in a compressed zip file to my back-up computer and external hard-drive yesterday.

As soon as I read all this today (after I had already downloaded Dead Money as well as the Update for it this morning) I immediately re-named the updated Steam folder to SteamCorrupted and then unzipped my backup Steam folder in my documents folder and copy/pasted to it's directory.

Now I am running my old Steam folder (making sure to remain offline when logging on) and I copy/pasted all Dead Money Data from the FNV folder of the Corrupted/Updated Steam Folder over to my currently used FNV Data folder, so I can still check Dead Money out without the Steam Update.

So far no issues loading my game, but have to travel to the quest area and see if Dead Money will still work without the lame update.

I guess it should, since the update likely just serves the purpose of Achievements, which I don't give a wooden nickel about lol

I'll remain offline Steam indefinitely until I know for sure the crap that people are having issues with from this Corrupting Update from Steam, is fixed lol

P.S: I knew that this would happen one day, Steam and their stupid updates screwing the pooch on FNV...

Man oh man, am I glad I backed up my Steam folder every so often, just in case....otherwise no FNV today or tomorrow or who knows when again >.>

Don't worry... i dont believe this is a steam problem... or a fallout update problem...

Don't worry... i dont believe this is a steam problem... or a fallout update problem...

Maybe, yeah...but the Update still borked the FVSE and Archive Invalidation from what I read on the other posts, and atm I don't wanna play anymore Dr. Mario then I have to , fixing or updating my FNV folder and mods, because I have been so busy fixing mods as of late as it were ( you won't believe some of the crap I have found in mods with Tesnip that should not be there, mods made by other people I mean) that I haven't even been able to get half way through the game lol

At this time, all I wanna do is play the game, so anything that even remotely may cause a obstacle as far as updates go, gets blocked on my end lol

How do they continually create games and DLC that we all pay for, and they come to us an unfinished product? They always have to sweep up their mess after. I want my ten bucks back, the DLC is cheesy anyway, just like the vanilla game. We have to mod it to even finish it because its so corny and full of cheese.

Ugh I want to play Dead Money, but I don't want to make another character and have to start all over again. As soon as Elijah or w/e his name is done talking, I crash, instantly. Today though, I went 5 steps behind me without crashing. :down:

Edit: LOL, just tried it again. I 'disobeyed' Father E. and, before my head exploded, I crashed.

Edited by ChocomintCA

I had must load 10 savegame back... (fortunately i save often) for run Dead Money without crash!!! :wallbash: Guys but you tried run Dead Money before start the Goodsprings quest "Ghost to Goodsprings"?? maybe i think this is one of the many problems (bug) in Dead Money... :confused:

I'm not very impressed with this DLC. The only way I can get it to start, is by starting a new game and going straight to the abandoned BOS bunker. I used the movetoqt command in the console to take me straight there from outside of Doc Mitchell's house, without doing any other quests first.

It's very annoying to have to do it this way, but I didn't have to disable NVSE or any of my installed mods. After dead money seemed to be running properly, I used some bat scripts to return my character back to a more reasonable level.

If this ends up being the only way, then I don't think it's worth the money. I certainly will not be buying any more DLC again. :verymad:

Unless of course, they drop the price to something like £0.10 :biggrin:

I'm not very impressed with this DLC. The only way I can get it to start, is by starting a new game and going straight to the abandoned BOS bunker. I used the movetoqt command in the console to take me straight there from outside of Doc Mitchell's house, without doing any other quests first.

It's very annoying to have to do it this way, but I didn't have to disable NVSE or any of my installed mods. After dead money seemed to be running properly, I used some bat scripts to return my character back to a more reasonable level.

If this ends up being the only way, then I don't think it's worth the money. I certainly will not be buying any more DLC again. :verymad:

Unless of course, they drop the price to something like £0.10 :biggrin:

But when you have load Dead Money you sure dont have start Goodsprings quest? You all right!!! We want next DLC at £0.10!!!