Please stop and Read. I NEED HELP!

dweeceman

Okay, so i've looked everywhere and cant seem to find anyone with exactly the same problem as me. I have no problem installing OOO, however, as soon as it starts up, i get to the bethesda title screen and it crashes. Eventually tries restarting oblivion to vanilla and using OOO as the only mod. Nothing. Tried updating patch. Still nothing. Please, can anyone help me? I'm dieing to try it.

P.s. My computer has a good graphics card. Theres nothing wrong with my hardware.

Depending on what you have already installed, you may have a few clashes. Have you downloaded BOSS, and run it, to set up your load order correctly? Also you may find Wrye Bash is a useful tool if more in-depth debugging is required.

Was it working prior to OOO being installed and did you mess with any settings between having it installed or having it not installed?

I'd try lowering the screen dimensions down to see if that does anything. Even if you say your card is good, you can still overkill the settings because it will not warn you that your settings go beyond your capabilities while choosing them, or prevent you or it from setting you beyond what your card can handle. It couldn't hurt to tell us what setting you are at and your card / CPU.

You could try the following if that does not help, but this is only optional to ensure what is causing issues:

Install Oblivion

Install Any Additional Official DLC expansions

Install Latest Unoffical Oblion Patch and Patches for any DLC expansion you have

Load Oblivion and see if it makes it past the point of crash, and that everything works well in general, then exit.

Install the latest OOO from the source that created the project, not someone who picked it up and went further with it. (Note: there are OOO files for the DLC expansions as well)

Load Oblivion and see if it makes it past the point of crash, and that everything works well in general, then exit.

Install any OOO Patches and Fixes that sound highly important, and read the comments about them first.

Install Oblivion Mod Manager, Archive Invalidation set to BSA Redirection, Run as Administrator, OK moving any files back if prompted.

Note: Make sure the patches load after the last DLC file, or right after the ESP they patch, and load OOO after the Unofficial Patches, do not install anything else yet.

There should not be a clash between these files, so if everything is working as it should to this point, keep going down this list.

Install the mods you use most frequently, one by one, loading them after the Official Files, Unofficial Patches, and OOO mods.

Note: I suggest going back to the pages you DLed the mods from and ensure there are no compatibility issues you are overlooking or forgot about. It is wise to have a favorites folder in your web browser where you put the links to every mod you have downloaded always check back in the event of updates or other people encountering and reporting issues you may not have encountered yet (which is why you should not use mods outside of the UOP files prior to beating the game once).

Load Oblivion and see if it makes it past the point of crash, and that everything works well in general without crash, then exit.

When you load a file and hit an error you'll suddenly know why. Also note that install order is just as important as load order.

Hope this helps.

Edited by ChaosApostle

The first thing that comes to mind when Oblivion crashes before or as it gets to the title screen like that is you have a missing master file, but an esp that relies on it. Does the game work with no mods active at all, including OOO? And are you using the full install or the LITE version with optional esps.

Another thing...are you sure you have the 406mb main file and not just the update patch? It seems like you're missing the Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm which is the master.

If that is the problem and it works afterwards you won't regret it. OOO is awesome. :smile:

Edited by Maigrets