Oblivion Mod Detectives

Povuholo

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know, I should be ashamed, but that's just it. I got a copy from a friend, and as I live in Amsterdam, you never know where something actually came from..

They are different file sizes; I think I'll just go for the bigger one.

I'm just VERY AFRAID this will ruin something, as I have no means of reinstalling. Considering this, would you still advise me to try?

Thanks alot sofar btw

I know, I should be ashamed, but that's just it. I got a copy from a friend, and as I live in Amsterdam, you never know where something actually came from..

They are different file sizes; I think I'll just go for the bigger one.

I'm just VERY AFRAID this will ruin something, as I have no means of reinstalling. Considering this, would you still advise me to try?

Thanks alot sofar btw

Of course. Many mods require that you have the latest version, and it fixes many things. Make sure you get the right version, as there is a patch for the SI version separately from the non-SI version too. The size difference really does not matter. This is an official patch, not some mod...

im not 100% on this but, go to your oblivion directory and right click on oblivion.exe and select properties. then go to the version tab and select language. that might work.

your welcome btw, im happy to help.

So I don't need to install the Oblivion patch (5MB), but only the SI (1MB)?

And just out of curiosity; any idea what this patch actually changes?

If you use the SI version, you should only install the SI patch. It adds records to the Oblivion.esm file, and it also changes the form IDs of a number of existing records (which caused plenty of trouble for modders.) Install it, and be done with it. You should patch your game immediately after any installation.

I hope this'll work, that'd just be great! (Unfortunately, internet and oblivion are on two different computers, which is why I'm a bit outdated)

Taking it you guys know best (so I assume it'll work), I'd like to thank you all for your help.

Bit more offtopic; I love the Skooma pipe mod. Furthermore my 'mod' relies heavily on Ghogiels Voodoo doll, morphing 'Necronomicon' (I know, it's not really the necronomicon, but the book of the dead from Evil dead & Army of Darkness), ships (as far as I've been able sofar), and as much extra items as I could find.

Oh, and ofcourse I'm getting ever better at scripting, which is more 'my terrain'. The main idea is that I'm making a more 'realistic' magic system (aside from the old, not instead of), focussing more on Ritual Magic (for instance; I made an altar (Ayleid chest) which, depending on what items you put in and what spell you cast, gives different minions. The Voodoo doll has many great uses as well :D

Does anyone have a great idea or inspiration on what to make, improve (whatever) or download to add to the rest?

Anything is welcome

I think this last 'suggestion' is in the wrong place.

Will move to other part of Forum.

It is custom; just not mine but Ghogiels. Don't know how to add link, but at tesnexus.com just search for 'Voodoo', or 'Ghogiel' in advanced search. The animated/morphing 'Necronomicon' is also his, and both are great work.