Oblivion Mod Detectives

Povuholo

Its me again... i'm looking for a small house mod, it was in the mountains (it was around a snowy area if i remember right) it was japanese style, featured an outdoor bath/onsen (quite a nice one) and it had a TV and towels though for exnem... i just can't remember the name :/....

Thank you in advance.

Edit: there also was this house in one of the imperial districts either talos or the Market place i think, the entrance was in the outer wall and it has a few floors, plus it has maids and in the upper area a balcony towards the district area.

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its me again... i'm looking for a small house mod, it was in the mountains (it was around a snowy area if i remember right) it was japanese style, featured an outdoor bath/onsen (quite a nice one) and it had a TV and towels though for exnem... i just can't remember the name :/....

Thank you in advance.

Edit: there also was this house in one of the imperial districts either talos or the Market place i think, the entrance was in the outer wall and it has a few floors, plus it has maids and in the upper area a balcony towards the district area.

This one? http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=14410

This is more of a question then an actual mod, although it has something to do with a mod that I'm currently editing.

We all know and love the Silverlight armor, but whenever I've used a helmet or jewelry - the armor makes them invisible. I've never understood this, and I've always wondered why Silverlight was made this way. Now, when I use something from the "T" slot (dunno what armor slot that actually is, but always see it listed as "T" after the armor piece's name.) So unless this armor suddenly stops making helmet slots invisible, I'm pretty much stuck with the helmet that comes with the set or get lucky and find a T slot item. Usually I see helmets set to the helmet slot or the "A" slot...whatever that is, jewelry I'm guessing.

I have certain pieces I want to mix with the armor, but this conflict with the armor is irritating to say the least. So how do I change the slot an existing armor is tied too in the game? I'm guessing ring slots will work with Silverlight, and whatever the T label is for. Question is, how do it do that? I'm guessing it involves the construction set, but I can't seem to find any info on just changing the armor slot.

This is more of a question then an actual mod, although it has something to do with a mod that I'm currently editing.

We all know and love the Silverlight armor, but whenever I've used a helmet or jewelry - the armor makes them invisible. I've never understood this, and I've always wondered why Silverlight was made this way. Now, when I use something from the "T" slot (dunno what armor slot that actually is, but always see it listed as "T" after the armor piece's name.) So unless this armor suddenly stops making helmet slots invisible, I'm pretty much stuck with the helmet that comes with the set or get lucky and find a T slot item. Usually I see helmets set to the helmet slot or the "A" slot...whatever that is, jewelry I'm guessing.

I have certain pieces I want to mix with the armor, but this conflict with the armor is irritating to say the least. So how do I change the slot an existing armor is tied too in the game? I'm guessing ring slots will work with Silverlight, and whatever the T label is for. Question is, how do it do that? I'm guessing it involves the construction set, but I can't seem to find any info on just changing the armor slot.

Which Silverlight armor mod? I can take a look at it and see if I can help you fix the problem. Also, if you want a brief explanation of T slots and so on, here it is:

The thing with Oblivion is that when you equip an item, the item actually replaces the mesh for that slot, you don't actually 'wear' it so to speak. When you equip boots, your feet are replaced, when you equip gloves, your hands are remove. So when you equip a helmet specifically in the helmet slot, it gets replaces your hair. For custom helmets where modders want to keep your nice hair flowing underneath and out of it, it just doesn't work to use the helmet slot. Instead, they make helmets that go in the T slot, which I think stands for Tail. Oblivion itself doesn't actually have any T slot items so that's usually a perfect place to slot custom helmets into, as players will not use it and using that slot won't make your hair disappear. The A slot is the amulet slot, similar story there.

Well, I can say that Silverlight definitely interferes with the Amulet slot, and I'm guessing it has to do with how the armor sort of has a necklace built into it. Anyway, I'm using the chain version and modified the chain texture to be leather. I downloaded it recently, so the issue hasn't been fixed. I would say that I see most accessory items (capes, cloaks, mufflers, helmets with hair showing, etc. taking up the amulet slot). Some of the really nice armor makers create A and T versions, but not all of them. I should correct myself in saying that Silverlight doesn't interfere with the helmet slot, since that's probably where the Silverlight helm is slotted (this helmet has no free-flowing hair). So the issue has to be the amulet slot.

I guess I need to figure out how to turn an Amulet item into a Tail item (or a ring slot - because I've seen those slots used for armor accessories too).

Here is the link to the chainmail version:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=29163

p.s. It looks really cool with leather instead of chain, but I can't release it until I consider it, "done". :)

I guess I need to figure out how to turn an Amulet item into a Tail item (or a ring slot - because I've seen those slots used for armor accessories too).

Fire up CS, find the item, swap the slots, save, and you're done.

Well, I can say that Silverlight definitely interferes with the Amulet slot, and I'm guessing it has to do with how the armor sort of has a necklace built into it. Anyway, I'm using the chain version and modified the chain texture to be leather. I downloaded it recently, so the issue hasn't been fixed. I would say that I see most accessory items (capes, cloaks, mufflers, helmets with hair showing, etc. taking up the amulet slot). Some of the really nice armor makers create A and T versions, but not all of them. I should correct myself in saying that Silverlight doesn't interfere with the helmet slot, since that's probably where the Silverlight helm is slotted (this helmet has no free-flowing hair). So the issue has to be the amulet slot.

Here is the link to the chainmail version:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=29163

p.s. It looks really cool with leather instead of chain, but I can't release it until I consider it, "done". :)

Open up the Silverlight armor esp file, go to armors and find the items at SFHeavy/Light. Open up the curiass and you'll find the box for 'hide amulet' should be ticked. If you untick that, then the armor will no longer hide amulets while you're wearing the curiass. The option is generally ticked by modders for armors that cover the neck area, so people can still amulets for the stats without it budging out of the armor. In your case, it won't affect anything if the amulet slot item is actually a helmet.

Onto the other thing, if you want to change an amulet slotted item to a tail slot , just find the item and open it up. In the window for 'Biped Object', just click and highlight Tail. Remember to unhighlight amulet or whatever slot the item was originally in too. If you don't, the game won't let you wear any other amulets when you have that that particular item on.