Oblivion Mod Detectives

Povuholo

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone know of a current, working link to the English edition of the high res book jacket mod detailed here: http://ninthwavedesigns.typepad.com/guilde...ion_book_m.html

The first two mirrors are total losses as far as I can tell, and I've been trying to download from the third for several days and it always tries to connect, but never does.

FIRST, it's very important for you to be aware that, although the name is sited as "Book Jackets: Oblivion Standard Res", there are two separate files in the download area, and one of them is the High Resolution version.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5570

It's a pretty large download, so be prepared.

1: I think you need OOO to stop the undead being subject to Detect Life, but to change its appearance you should probably just do a search for Detect Life on the Nexus. There are tons of them, and I imagine you'll find one to suit your taste.

2: Reverse Vampire, though there are plenty of mods that do this.

3: Blood Potions for Vampires, though it doesn't work for Human Hearts. If you want, I imagine attaching the script to them would be quite doable, though.

Whats so "ugly" about Detect Life in the first place ?
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and whatnot. The Vanilla Detect Life shader can get annoying if you're using Detect Life on a near-constant basis.

As long as the base game doesnt offer a "Detect Unlife" as well, I'm pretty happy with the fact that "Detect Life" also detects Undead/Unlife.
I suppose it all depends on how you think Detect Life should work. It sort of caught me off-guard as well when undead first showed up for it.

Whats so "ugly" about Detect Life in the first place ?
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and whatnot. The Vanilla Detect Life shader can get annoying if you're using Detect Life on a near-constant basis.

As long as the base game doesnt offer a "Detect Unlife" as well, I'm pretty happy with the fact that "Detect Life" also detects Undead/Unlife.
I suppose it all depends on how you think Detect Life should work. It sort of caught me off-guard as well when undead first showed up for it.

I'm trying to remember which mod of mine changes this, but I get pink auras around living entities, and blue auras around undead entities, when I have detect life equipped. It might be supreme magicka, I have to check which it is and I don't have time to do that today.