Oblivion Mod Detectives

Povuholo

Okay, I have a new request.

I once had a mod that allowed you to cancel firing a bow after drawing it (as in, if you're holding down the left mouse button, and you press a certain key, the bow stowing animation plays briefly and you're not about to fire anymore). I don't know what else it did, and searching descriptions for things like "bow cancel" isn't helping. Anyone know of any mods that contain this function?

two versions:

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/9333/

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/38110

1st one is the original one, and it's made by scruggs, so it'll work. Don't know much about the second one. Didn't even realize there was another version.

Edited by lonewolf_kai

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello!

I'm searching for the mod that adds a trapdoor ("corpse chamber") into Falanu Hlaalu's shop in Skingrad. I have installed Better Cities and Mogura's Realistic Merchant Storage Mod but apparently these are not the mods that add this feature (weird enough!!!). I remember the trapdoor was important because you can find a particular key inside a corpse which opens some of Falanu's "non lockpick-able shop chests".

Could it be an earlier version of BC or Mogura's mod?

Please help! XD

Thank you!

Hello!

First, I'm so glad this thread is still active! I was a little worried it might have died off. I'm one of those people who have decided to vacation in Oblivion again, because I liked it so much the first time! Of course, I have a different computer, so I'm trying to get all my favorite mods back, and there's one I can't seem to find ....

An alternate start mod, where you choose who you are (there were at least 3 choices, but I don't think there were many more than that) and based on your choice, you were started with your own (small, not overpowered) home and equipment. Spells and such too, I think. I remember you could be a thief or rogue (maybe hunter or assassin) type character and you started in a personal campsite, or a mage, and you started with a small aylieid ruin home .... I think there was like a blacksmith option as well that started you as an adopted child of a blacksmith in one of the cities. I loved that mod, Any help would earn you gold star! :laugh:

An alternate start mod, where you choose who you are (there were at least 3 choices, but I don't think there were many more than that) and based on your choice, you were started with your own (small, not overpowered) home and equipment. Spells and such too, I think. I remember you could be a thief or rogue (maybe hunter or assassin) type character and you started in a personal campsite, or a mage, and you started with a small aylieid ruin home ....

Hello and welcome back in Cyrodiil.

I was searching the internet and found this:

Alternative Beginnings by Arthmoor.

According to the "Read-Me" you can start as prisoner, immigrant, guild member, patron, gladiator, outlaw, shipwrecked, squire, necromancer, vampire or ranger.

I hope this is the mod you are searching for.

If so - have fun. :smile:

Greetz Tobjoern :smile:

Edited by Tobjoern

Hey, having some trouble finding the mods showcased in this well made video here:

The Vilja model is something I have never seen before. Anyone know where one could find it?

And the mod at 1:26...what is that? Where can one download it? I mean I have seen Master sword mods but this...is something else.

Any ideas anyone? What about the other mods showcased in the video? Anyone know what they are as well? I am more interested in the first two I mentioned but the others would be nice to know of as well.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Vilja is probably one of the most popular mods on the Nexus--it's in the top 10 (maybe the top 5) of all time for Oblivion--so I'm a bit puzzled how you didn't find it. At any rate, here she is. As to the others, I'm not familiar enough with the TES4 Nexus to pick those out yet. Which is why I was trawling this thread, hoping to find some real gems. Mission accomplished, by the way.