Oblivion Mod Detectives

Povuholo

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I'm looking for a mod that adds sunglasses. Could anyone help me, plz?

http://www.4shared.com/get/33753046/a4c2ef...lasses_v12.html

Hey, I can't find the fix for the arena murder glitch.

In fact, I can't find anyone who acknowledges that its a glitch. An arena fight can count as a murder, initiate the DB questline, not to mention trigger a whole host of mods that check murder count, and every forum I check has people remarking things like, "what's wrong with you, why don't you like the dark brotherhood?"

"I love the dark brotherhood. They is me very favorite part of teh game."

"the guards don't come after u so y does u care?"

Somewhere, someone out there has fixed this bug and I commission you, the Mod Detectives, to find this mod.

I've done some some investigation of my own, but its difficult to find immersion gamers in a sea of cheaters.

No offense to cheaters. I respect your lifestyle choice.

I believe it's not an actual glitch, because the game conspires to conscript your character into the DB. We've had conversations on the Nexus regarding this in the past where I've mentioned this observation.

The trouble you've had is you've narrowed too much by focusing on the Arena rather than the DB itself.

There are several DB mods, one takes the DB option completely out of the game, if you tell the fellow to leave you alone, he just never comes back.

I found that one a little too limiting, because it kills the questline forever, but here it is: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=15806

IMO the better one I found gives you the option to explain your innocence, (it was self-defense etc). Based on your explanation the DB quest either begins or is suspended until a next incident, where you are given the chance to make your case again. It's downright RP friendly, from an RPer.

Take a nice look at the readme and see, this be the one ye be wantin'. http://www.htloz.net/forums/images/smilies/mack/Pirate.gif

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=14127

(couldn't resist, it's ITLAP day)

Okay Okay tagged it. I doubt anyone who played Oblivion doesn't know about that.

I mean,it's not like the giant marshmellow monster at the end of the game

And deny what? What is controversial?

Spoiler tag is done by using the "insert: SPOILER" option in the left hand side of your reply screen (in the list labeled Quick Access)

I said, it's "NOT CONTROVERSIAL." I didn't say anything was controversial.

What is NOT controversial is that the game conspires to conscript you into the DB. You know what "conscript" means right? force you into service, like the royal navy in the 1880s.

And finally, I am a roleplayer and I've played the entire game as a Paladin and she never murdered a single undeserving soul, so I've never, myself, done the DB questline yet, though I've done about 98 percent of every other questline including finishing the main quest. I have a new character who is a male assassin, and I'm counting on him to take me along.

I think this is enough off topic.

Also, I'm looking for that "combat" mod which increased the number of weak enemies to make them still competitive to high levels.

Self Answer - Adrenaline Oblivion

I'm looking now for another "mod" though.

It's called "Silent Feet" and it's supposed to be some sort of tool to optimize Oblivion, but name and description searchs didn't help, neither did google.

Source

Note however that this is not a substitute for Silent Feet / Operation Optimization / Oblivion Crash Prevention System / etc. For instance if you get major stuttering because of sound driver or sound hardware issues, this could help some but Silent Feet would probably help more.

Any information about a working merge of Viconia one and two? It's pretty much the only thing that makes me skip this otherwise excellent mod