Oblivion Mod Detectives

Povuholo

I used to have this mod where i could kill quest targets like the emeror and ocato without penalty also i could remove quest items from my inventory whenever i pleased. Anyone knows this mod?

I don't know what you mean be "without penalty", but here's a killable quest character mod and a move quest items spell.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4146

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=11531

The mover requires OBSE, which you can get from here. (which also requires the oblivion patch or shivering isles)

http://obse.silverlock.org/

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used to have this mod where i could kill quest targets like the emeror and ocato without penalty also i could remove quest items from my inventory whenever i pleased. Anyone knows this mod?

Modular Oblivion Enhanced PostFinal has more than one way to skin that cat.

6) Essential Characters Killable

This isn't actually a plug-in, it's more of a piece of information on how to easily make essential characters killable. A mod is not necessary for this. All you need to do is edit the "Oblivion.ini" file (open it using Notepad) and change two values: "bForceReloadOnEssentialCharacterDeath" and "bEssentialTakeNoDamage" from one to zero. Nothing more. If the values are already set to zero, good!

You should find the "Oblivion.ini" file in "My Documents\My Games\Oblivion". If you still have trouble finding it, use Start -> Search. You must edit the "Oblivion.ini" file not the "Oblivion_default.ini" file.

While in the game, the essential characters will still be recognizable as the "crown" icon (instead of the default icon) will still appear when you get near them.

Now don't expect to be able to kill everything though. Characters like Mehrunes Dagon are actually supposed to be immortal. Also the Emperor and his bodyguards are immune primarily due to scripts, not essential tags. Their health will never even decrease in most cases. This aspect has been taken care of in the Main Quest Delayer plug-in.

Finally, this method doesn't eliminate any bugs at all associated with making essential characters killable nor does it make those characters stronger. You will have to protect them in battle if you fear a quest being ruined. I will attempt to fix any game bugs in other plug-ins.

The good thing about this method is that it affects all Essential NPCs, even NPCs that come from user-made mods, official mods or expansions...

11) Kill Martin and Jauffre (version 1)

There are some points in the game where you can kill Martin or Jauffre, however if they die, the game forces you to reload an older saved game. This plug-in fixes this. You can now kill Martin and Jauffre at any point in the game without having to reload the game.

Updates: This plug-in was never updated as this is the 1st version...

As For Quest Items:

25) Realistic Prices, Realistic Weights, No Quest Items (version 2)

Add more realistic prices and weights to all items. Also removes "Quest Item" tags, and prevents them from being re-enabled during the game. If you activate this plug-in, you will no longer need the "Bone Names and Priced Skull" plug-in, although activating both will not cause in-game problems.

Basically this adds prices and weights to all items which should have had prices and weights. Unique artifacts are significantly more expensive now. Upper class items are now more expensive than middle or lower ones. Farm tools are heavier but also cost something. This plug-in also includes several item fixes and tweaks, such as item name changes which I thought were necessary or the ability to pick up dropped parchments.

Note: This only affects the items in the original, unmodified Oblivion game. Items from user-made mods, official mods or expansions are not affected.

Wow that BLAME For ExnemsBody is wild looking. Did you see the image with the weird dungeon scene. The armor looks very good as well.

Did you see AK-47 Grenadier

Does anyone know of a good leveling mod? I know there are some out there, but which will you recommend? or is vanilla good enough? if anyone does find a good leveling mod please help me with this. It's not I can't find a leveling mod, it's I can't find a good one, any help appreciated, thanks...

there's something iv been thinking about for a while now a mod that either lets you separate new collected items inside inventory and or a new tab that sorts out the new from the old so you can sell easily to vendor without scrolling through 1000 items looking for them? anyone know where a mod like that exists? I will post again once or if i find such a mod. I have over 300 armor's in my inventory and id prefer not to scroll down just to sell ebony , mithril, iron crap lol but i need the money ;)

Nvm. Found it.

found what? would be nice if you can share links with us all ;)

oh i get it now thats another person on tesnexus, thats got to be the first mod I came across ^^;