Oblivion Mod Detectives

Povuholo

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm still looking for these earings - http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37167 but as a separate model. I tried to take them apart but he has merged them with the beads on the hairpins. :( Edited by Moire

I'm still looking for these earrings - http://www.tesnexus....le.php?id=37167 but as a separate model. I tried to take them apart but he has merged them with the beads on the hairpins. :(

Open the mesh in nifskope,right click on anything you don't want , select block -remove. Do that for every item NOT wanted. This should solve your problem.

Obviously you haven't tried it yourself. If you rightclick the earrings, the beads are also selected, which means I would also delete the earrings. It's a very stupid model layout if you ask me. I would have merged the beads with the hairpins instead...but that's just me. ^^

EDIT: My spelling is awful today. Hope no one noticed... :biggrin:

Edited by Moire

Now that sounded like a smart solution but how would I do that? The only thing that is left visible are some gold and silver rings from the hairpins and they use the same texture as the earrings so I can't set a different path for them. You should have a look and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Now that sounded like a smart solution but how would I do that? The only thing that is left visible are some gold and silver rings from the hairpins and they use the same texture as the earrings so I can't set a different path for them. You should have a look and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Tutorials are your friend, for starters, but you clearly haven't looked any up yet so I suppose I'll have to explain it.

Open the texture file in an image editing program that allows you to modify the alpha channel. The Gimp or Photoshop will do.

Figure out which part of the texture is specifically for the earrings. Select that section in its entirety.

Invert your selection so EVERYTHING ELSE is selected.

Go to the alpha channel. Fill the selection with solid black so only the earring section is white.

Save.

Done.