Oblivion Mod Detectives

Povuholo

Greetings, I played Oblivion 6 months ago, but unfortunately I had to format my PC at some point, so I lost most of the mods I used, and now I can't seem to remember what they were called, so I'm hoping some of you could tell me what the mods were called, so I can get them again.

The ones I remember I used were as follows:

1. I had a mod that I could bind to a key, and when I pressed that key it would pick up items or bodies on the ground, so I could move them, sort of like the gravity gun from Half-Life 2

Sounds like a mod that requires OBSE. EDIT: wait, bodies? That sounds like Reneer's Guard Overhaul. The 'z" key grabs stuff by default. I haven't played Half-life 2, so I'm not sure what if I understand the question correctly.

2. I remember that when I was on the world map, and I looked far in the distance the textures on the ground, usually grass, looked really ugly, even with everything set on max. I believe I used a mod that replaced textures to increase the pixel count of them. Any alternative to get rid of this is also appreciated.

Better Grass Textures without Tiling

4. A mod that allowed you to get rid of quest items, from quests that were already finished.

Unofficial Oblivion Patch takes care of that and so much more!

Any insight on this appreciated, and aside from these mods, any suggestions on what other mods I should get, much appreciated.

Thank you.

I shall refer you to my post here. It's a bit old. I like Improved Amulets and Rings as well as kafei's better amulets and rings mods (mentioned in the post I linked to).

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm looking for a mod that can adjust the gameplay timescale to a slower speed.

At first I thought it was

"set timescale to <number>", but thats just setting the ingame clock. I want to adjust ingame speed similiar to Half Life 2's "cl_phys_timescale " command. In effect, I want to reproduce bullet time. I want to see an arrow slowly make its way to its target, or toss a ragdoll off a cliff.

Oh, and thanks for the help thus far.

I totally agree to shooting arrows from horseback. Playing The Legend of Zelda and Shadow of the Colossus gave me that expectation. But the varying terrain of the land rarely lets you open up to a full gallop and take the shot.

1. I had a mod that I could bind to a key, and when I pressed that key it would pick up items or bodies on the ground, so I could move them, sort of like the gravity gun from Half-Life 2

Sounds like a mod that requires OBSE. EDIT: wait, bodies? That sounds like Reneer's Guard Overhaul. The 'z" key grabs stuff by default. I haven't played Half-life 2, so I'm not sure what if I understand the question correctly.

No, this doesn't sound like the mod. How can I describe it...err

Basically it would let you pick up pretty much everything that can be looted, And when I say pick up, I mean you can move it around on the screen, it won't go in your inventory. A sword on the ground, A body to some extend, it was harder to move a body, but you could if tried a bit. In the case of the body, you can specifally target limbs, so you can move a leg around, or target the head and tilt that up a bit, it was pretty accurate.

I believe it was bound to the Z button. If you used it in a shop, the owner will call you a thief if this helps at all.

The other 2 were the right ones I was looking for, thanks for those.

I'm looking for some music mod that will fade the music out when it is done using, instead of instantly ending it.

ie, right after a intense battle the music instantly stops insteads of fades out. very annoying... ruins the great feel of oblivion...

does anyone know of a mod for this?

Here's an oddball for you guys. Verona bloodlines only goes up to version 11 on tesnexus. Yet the Uniquelandscapes patch calles for version 12. Does anyone know where version 12 is? I am running the shimmering isles.

I'm looking for some music mod that will fade the music out when it is done using, instead of instantly ending it.

ie, right after a intense battle the music instantly stops insteads of fades out. very annoying... ruins the great feel of oblivion...

does anyone know of a mod for this?

I don't know a mod like that and I don't think it exist. But as you probably know you can add the music of your choice in the folder C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks \ Oblivion \ Data \ Music (by defaultt).

Thus if you know how to modified a song, with a software, by attenuating his end gradually you can replace the original file by the modified one.

I hope you will understand my English.

Menrhunes

Here's an oddball for you guys. Verona bloodlines only goes up to version 11 on tesnexus. Yet the Uniquelandscapes patch calles for version 12. Does anyone know where version 12 is? I am running the shimmering isles.

In fact it's the patch's version. Actually the patch is at its 1.2 version.

This are the modifications of the differents patchs version:

Change log:

2008/01/16 - Version 1.2 - Further tears fixed for Lush Woodland.

2008/01/16 - Version 1.1 - Addition of fix for Lush Woodland, and merged ESP of all three fixes.

2008/01/10 - Version 1.0 - Initial release.

Excuse me for my English.

Menrhunes