Serious Mistake I made with mods (PLEASE HELP)

Conv1ct1on

Ok, ive made a serious mistake when downloading a mod. What i did was when i downloaded a mod it only gave me two options: to find or save the file. I clicked save, when i opened it it said windows needs to know the program that created it before it can open it. I picked adobe and -heres my mistake- i checked the box that said "always open files of this kind with this program." Now EVERYTIME I DOWNLOAD A MOD THE .ESP FOR THE MOD IS OPENED WITH ADOBE AIR (which errors out and wont open it.) This is a huge problem because the original program the .esp was supposed to be opened with is now adobe air, so i cant download mods anymore. Not only that but this could cause problems not only with downloading mods but with anything i do. PLEASE HELP ME!!! Any support given is appreciated Edited by Conv1ct1on

constrction set, but tbh you dont ever want to open ESP's by double clicking them.

What is contruction set? Do i download it off the internet? Is this the file i should select when pressing "select default program"? If so then pressing "use this program to open all files of this type" should fix the problem (assuming its regarding all .esp files.) Please answer questions, i need to fix this so i can stop worrying myself.

Run regedit. Locate the following registry key:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ Explorer\FileExts\.extension\OpenWithList

Locate the value for ".esp" and delete it.

.esp is no longer associated with a program. Problem solved.

Run regedit. Locate the following registry key:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ Explorer\FileExts\.extension\OpenWithList

Locate the value for ".esp" and delete it.

.esp is no longer associated with a program. Problem solved.

I opened regedit and followed the list there then i got to OpenWithList and saw a,b, and c. I see how this works now, because b's value was jzip, which was which it opened with where i extracted it to Oblivion mods then mod manager...I deleted c's value but it is now opening with Oblivion Construction Set (which by the way i just downloaded.) My problem seems to be fixed but it may not be considering i told it beforehand (after micalow told me too) to always open .esp files with Oblivion Construction set. But its looking like its fixed! Im giving Kudos to both of you for trying to help me, even if it turns out it doesnt work. Thanks a lot guys!