Things in the New Skyrim Trailer

cedarshen

Wait. Back to where the dragon was flying in the beginning. Where those 3d/Volumetric clouds? o.o

Yep, and from what I've read the player can go through those clouds by going up high enough on the mountains, if you look near the end of the trailer you can see the clouds drifting around the mountains.

Well, I was already sold, but now I'm like......sold with change. If that makes any sense.

If there's volumetric clouds, then that means there's an increased chance for special weather effects, and, hopefully, the addition of Skyboxes to the game(which is one thing I hated about Fallout 3/Oblivion not having. They just had those.....skyplane thingies).

Skybox = Allowance of me to make my worldspaces unique. I do a lot of misc. worldspace building, and they're mostly small worldspaces, and lack of skyboxes kind of forces me to have to make LOD/make stuff outside of the standard worldspace just to create a distant view. :/ Aw well, even if not, I'm still super excited, and will definatley be pre-ordering Skyrim.

Edited by jhardingame

search youtube for the slowed down version of the trailer and u will see more :) i saw the finishin moves in slow mo and they were awesome!!! one of em was with a skeleton dude and the charcter smashes in/decapittates the skull of the skeleton guy...and btw only way u can really see tht is with slowd down version dats how i saw guy tht look like he had instrument

The giant's footsteps seems to shake the ground when he walks.Did Bethesda do this for the trailer or does this actually happen in the game?And if it does happen in the game, shouldn't the giants be really big, like 20 or so feet tall?If they're only about eight or teen feet then I don't see how it would make any sense to make the ground shake when they walk.

From the earlier posted image of the giant I've seen I think they're quite large, as the Giant appears to be wearing a Troll's skull along with some other bones.

Troll Giant

Taking in the size of the Troll compared to the player, then the skull to the Giant - I'd say there's a bit of a size difference to expect between the player and the Giant.

Edited by The Vampire Dante

Yup the dragon shout was one of the most awesome parts in the trailer. Sends chills down my spine. More giant spiders? Noooooooooooooooooooo. No one will probably be able to make a mod to remove them this time since they will probably be involved in a quest plus giant spiders tend to show up in Nord mythology a lot ( well not a lot but they do make appearances as a creature for a warrior to fight). Then again they probably won't be that bad. As long as they are the only spiders in the game, do not show up as ofter as the daedra spider did, and their aren't any smaller versions then I could probably adjust. But its the fact that I like to play in first person with this game that makes them really freak me out. Spiders in games with a 3rd person camera like in dragon age and various mmo's do not bother me but in a game like this where I prefer to play in 1st person it makes my skin crawl to see a spider that big crawl up towards my screen when I am immersed in a game. But like I said before it probably isn't that bad and I will adjust to it. Besides the trailer actually made it seem cool to fight them and everything else since the fights seem more visceral and in your face.

Pls let me fullfil my dreams of being a pirate in an elder scrolls game xD. If not then I will settle with being a ninja like theif assassin who knows a little magic.

Im not sure if I was the only one who noticed this, as it had to do solely with listening and not seeing: in the ign version of the video on youtube, from about 1:10 to 1:30 they use MORROWIND music. Of course it has been revamped to fit into Skyrim but I personally thought that was pretty neat. If you listen closely, morrowing players (like myself) can probably notice it! Sorry if im stating the obvious...