Map Shop

dafreedster

Would a shop where you can buy maps be something you guys would like? When you buy the map, it shows locations on the map; most likely there will be two versions: one where you can fast travel to map locations and one where you can't. I've spent almost a year working on it, and I'd like to hear some feedback before I release it. I'm very new to the forums, so if this is in the wrong area or breaks any rules, I'm sorry for it and please let me know for next time.

Thanks,

Pat

Sounds interesting. You would presumably disable all initial fast travel icone, and then the map would add in (for example) Anvil and surrounding area icons for one purchase. I'd suggest having an underlying sepia tinted map with bare details on, and then each purchased part adds in a coloured, topograhic map with icons to show what you have purchased, and what you have explored yourself. It should also, ideally, add "new maps" for any game mod which comes with a map addon.

Sounds interesting. You would presumably disable all initial fast travel icone, and then the map would add in (for example) Anvil and surrounding area icons for one purchase. I'd suggest having an underlying sepia tinted map with bare details on, and then each purchased part adds in a coloured, topograhic map with icons to show what you have purchased, and what you have explored yourself. It should also, ideally, add "new maps" for any game mod which comes with a map addon.

At the moment, all it does it when you buy a map, it shows the map markers for the region. In another version, it'll allow you to fast travel to the locations you've uncovered in that region. So instead of exploring the West Weald, you can buy a map for it.

The process for making this mod is pretty simple, I add a code to show a bunch of markers when you purchase a map. It is very tedious, though, as I have to manually add every map marker in the game.

Guardianl - this one? http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=31074 - found it after you posted your comment

Yeah I think that is it not too sure. As I mention release it. your version might be better or handlie ingame better...

Learn from the other creator and improve it. You can perhaps combine it with map marker overhual or other map goodies in one plugin...

You could add psychical maps to that. That's been done for the whole thing, but you could make local regions instead.

Using these meshes as resource for the texture-parts created (and they need some collision) you could make real maps you can view in the game view. (an easier option is to skip the collision thing as they might get lost. You could show them up at the place the cards are sold.)

If made as scrolls. The player could also look at them from the menu view. (like what's done with the wayshrines in the Knights of the Nine DLC)