Unable to select folders when using Add Folder button

Talonvore

Hi kind of new to Oblivion modding (yeah I know its 2011 , where have I been lol?). Anyway i have OBMM installed and I have watched a good video on using OBMM by Murulo on Youtube. I have downloaded several mods and installed them but they have been omod format so far so basically one click installation. My issues is when I go to manually convert a mod into OBMM. I watched the video and I know how this is supposed to be done. Oh and im not talking about archiving the mods that have omod conversion data.

1. Hit the create button.

2. Hit the add folder button.

3. Browse to where the folder is, select it, then hit ok.

4. Click "Create Mod"

5. Select mod on list in OBMM and double click to activate.

Now step three is where the issues comes in for me. When I hit the add folder button I cannot get to the folder that i want to select. Even though the mod is on my desktop when I hit the Add Folder button it brings up a list of places to browse and Desktop is listed there, however the folder that i want is never available for me to click on. I even have a folder on my desktop for Oblivion downloads that i normally download everythign to first, but even when I click on that it wont actually bring up a list of the files/folders in that folder. I dont really understand this. At first I thought maybe it was just and issue with the particular mod I had downloaded so then i went back to the video and downloaded the exact mod Murulo used in his video and no matter what i can never browe to a file/folder to even open it with OBBM.

One other thing when im in the process of installing mods that are already OMOD format i dont get the little Oblivion insignia that lets you know visually that the file is already and OMOD executable. Not a big deal but wondering why this is. I had previously been able to see this Oblivion insignia for OMOD format files before when using winzip but now that im using 7zip i never see the Oblivion insignia.

Anyway primarily im interested in fixing the first issue more than the insignia one lol.

Any help or info would be much appreciated.

I think I know what your problem is, make sure you are selecting the "add FOLDER" button and not the "add FILES" button. When selecting the add files button, you're just adding a file and that is why the folder will not exicute (lack of a better term). The folder option will do what you want it to. You need to make sure when you choose to go the "folder" route that you have your file structure settup. Refer to the obmm site for more details (just google "how to use obmm" or "how to create an omod obmm").

In your "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\obmm" folder there is a "mod" folder. That is where OBMM places compiled omods. The 7zip and Rar files you download are packed like that so people who don't use OBMM can install the mod as well or edit/modify the files/scripts. If you download an omod formated filed, just drop it into the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\obmm\mod" folder. Then you can fire up OBMM and it'll enter the omod into your list where you can then be able to install/uninstall etc.

Just FYI, you can also export an omod file to a place of your choice by right clicking it in the list and selecting the option to do so. The reason you may want to do this is to modify the script, check the folder structure or any number of reasons. For now it would be a really good idea for you to go to the OBMM site and read up on some of the basics.

Check you are seeing what you think you see...

Icons from TWO places show up on your desktop - from /your username/Desktop and from /all users/desktop. Check which one the files were saved to, as youmay need to browse to the alternative folder to get at the files.

Thanks for the replies guys but i feel like a dumbass. Went to bed and woke up then came back and now i realize the reason why i couldn't add a folder was becasue files I were trying to navigate to were not folders as well as when i tried to add archive they were not archive format either. Basically i hadnt completed unzipping the files. Doh! Slaps self in forehead.