Mehrune's Razor

Ixil

Hello!!

So, I've never modded anything, but I really hate the Mehrune's Razor model, so I'd like to change it either to Daedric or Elven shortsword, or, better yet for the Leviathan Dagger in Coolmans Dagger Collection...

Could anyone help me with some directions, or guide every step...?

Thanks in advance!!!!

You may have an easier time enchanting the weapon you want it to look like, rather than changing the model itself. But I'm pretty sure you can just tell the base object to point to a different model/texture in the CS. Make sure to backup whatever you change first anytime you alter the base objects.

• 2 weeks later...

So, if I just use the CS, open DLC_Mehrunes_Razor, or whatever its name, look for the Razor in the Weapons and double click it, it will open a window with the characteristics of the weapon... If I change the mesh and texture for another one (even if from another mod) and save it, say naming the "new" mod "my_mr.esp", does it create a differente weapon, or does it change the model for the actual Mehrune's Razor that you get from the quest?

You can see that using TES4Edit. The only record in your new mod is probably the Mehrunes Razor, so you can open TES4Edit, unselect all esps, select your mod, click okay and wait for it to load (it loads all masters automatically). When it has loaded, you can find the Razor in your mod. Select it and the right window should show if any other mods change the same record - or, in this case, if your mod overwrites things from the Razor that is defined in one of your plugin's masters, like the DLC or Oblivion.esm or wherever it originates from. If it overwrites the 'original' Razor (coloured, not white, and has other files listed in the right window under the Razote record), it does change it and it is not a new record.

If you want to make a new record, you need to at least change the editor ID in the CS.

Hopefully that helps a little. I am bad at explaining things. Here is the UESP wiki page if you just want to add it to player to test if it looks different:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Mehrunes%27_Razor_Items#Mehrunes_Razor

Hopefully that helps a little. I am bad at explaining things. :)

You can see that using TES4Edit. The only record in your new mod is probably the Mehrunes Razor, so you can open TES4Edit, unselect all esps, select your mod, click okay and wait for it to load (it loads all masters automatically). When it has loaded, you can find the Razor in your mod. Select it and the right window should show if any other mods change the same record - or, in this case, if your mod overwrites things from the Razor that is defined in one of your plugin's masters, like the DLC or Oblivion.esm or wherever it originates from. If it overwrites the 'original' Razor (coloured, not white, and has other files listed in the right window under the Razote record), it does change it and it is not a new record.

If you want to make a new record, you need to at least change the editor ID in the CS.

Hopefully that helps a little. I am bad at explaining things. Here is the UESP wiki page if you just want to add it to player to test if it looks different:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Mehrunes%27_Razor_Items#Mehrunes_Razor

Hopefully that helps a little. I am bad at explaining things. :smile:

Thanks!!! Gonna check it!!!