A New Engine

csgators

Yeah, the Engine is new and Gamebryo wouldn't support some of the things they are adiing in I've been told. Yes, even with the Lightspeed Gamebryo. The Creation Engine is a Engine designed for TES in mind. Gamebyro is for many games in mind. By the way just because it sounds like the Gamebryo doesn't mean it is. The Character Customization they have with the Creation Engine wouldn't work with Gamebryo either.Plus seeing as the graphics are a lot better it shows they made their own engine, because if they were using Gamebyro the faces would look worse than that. So yeah it does sound like it but it isn't just have faith in Bethesda if I'm wrong feel free to laugh at me but I know I not wrong.

I've also seen a vid on YouTube of (so called) leaked beta testing gameplay for Skyrim. (Can't really confirm if it is or isn't an actual vid that was leaked by Bethesda employees.)

None of those are real, they are all Oblivion mods.

, it's real.

I'm aware of all the vids that are Oblivion mods or just stupid vids that had nothing to do with TES games, but there was one vid that I saw that seemed to be actual beta testing gameplay. I looked at my favorites and saw that I did add it to my faves, but the video was blocked by the content owner. So, there's no way I can really confirm or deny if it was really even a leaked vid like the user claimed. But, if it was actual footage, then I believe that user was contacted by Bethesda and told to remove the vid. That's not unheard of as I had found another user who DID have a leaked vid posted, but had to take it down because Bethesda told him to do so.

Also, I have seen the official trailer for Skyrim that was released by IGNEntertainment. Sweet looking game! Can't wait to play it!

Edited by KainReaver83

Yeah, the Engine is new and Gamebryo wouldn't support some of the things they are adiing in I've been told. Yes, even with the Lightspeed Gamebryo. The Creation Engine is a Engine designed for TES in mind. Gamebyro is for many games in mind. By the way just because it sounds like the Gamebryo doesn't mean it is. The Character Customization they have with the Creation Engine wouldn't work with Gamebryo either.Plus seeing as the graphics are a lot better it shows they made their own engine, because if they were using Gamebyro the faces would look worse than that. So yeah it does sound like it but it isn't just have faith in Bethesda if I'm wrong feel free to laugh at me but I know I not wrong.

New engine or not, doesn't matter to me. I just wanna play the game! :D

It is not exactly clear what's going on but I do believe beth cannot steal any code from gamebryo.

So if they are using any gamebryo code at all,

then that new engine is covered by the gamebryo licence that they once bought.

So here is my current guess:

Bethesda licenced a third party game engine for their games.

They can strip it down to nothing but the bare bone and fill it up with their own code as much as they want.

They can make the new version for skyrim differ 99 % from the engine they used for Fallout3 and Oblivion, legally.

If they want to call the latest installment : the creation engine or whatever, is entirely up to them.

If they rewrote most of it, then I can see why they chose to give it a new name.

It's not the same engine as was used for Oblivion, it's a new one. It just happens to be of gamebryo origin.

Maybe you can look at it this way:'

old engine

Oblivion : gamebryo - beth version of engine v1

fallout3 : gamebryo - beth version of engine v2

new engine

skyrim : gamebryo - beth's new creation engine v1

fallout4 : gamebryo - beth's new creation engine v2

etc..

That would somehow be my guess right now.

I really hope its not build upon gamebryo ..seriously i had enough of all those ctd's, errors, bugs..everytime i hear that name all my hopes are away.

From what i saw in the vid posted on nexus from the game, some locations were impresive but some looked too oblivion-like...im loosing my hopes again.

There was a lot of limiting factors in the previous engine, but as said in the previous post if they have access to the orginal source code and can legally change it at will, well then it is technically gamebryo but with the massive changes i to would call it by a different name.

Personnally though i think they've started from scratch with a completely new source code.

So much had changed that we decided to call the engine and editor by a new name, the Creation Engine and the Creation Kit. - Todd Howard, Game Director

Source

So it's really not a new engine, just the same engine re-vamped. I bet they changed the name and said it was a new engine to try and shut down all the whining about the engine. Personally I think its great. A completely new engine would mean they would have a lot of stuff to learn from scratch and reduce how many new features they could include. This will also help modders pick up on the new creation kit faster since it shouldn't be completely different.

Just to let you know they had a different name for it, it is new but they decided to call it something different then originally planned. Read it in context man, not only once sentence or a few (No offense.). That is when you can get confused if you only put one thing in the idea but it's composed of many. Just letting you know.

In a way you are right but that must mean every engine even Infinity engine are based on the same programming language they all use "ActionScript, C, C++, Java." They are all based on Machine-Code so in a way you are right. As everyone knows Machine-Code the the basics of the basics the 1's and 0s. So seeing as they are based on that I can see that Gamebryo and the Creation Engine are based off the same thing. And all those languages are as you put it revamped off the Machine-Code. So in a way I agree that the Creation Engine is based off of Gamebryo but it's not the same Engine. Just same programming style. You have to start out at Machine-Code then move on to the more sophisticated one's. Just my opinion. But what do you think?

Either way, the new engine explains why the TES V development has taken so long, and why we haven't heard anything until now. And I'm actually very grateful, as I hated Gamebryo with a fiery passion. And I'm looking forward to the TES V release.