Temporarily linked interiors

MarkInMKUK

One realism breaker for me is the "teleport" when opening a door to a house. Obviously there are mods which make the interior a permenant part of the outside world, always linked, but what I'm after is a little different.

Is there a way to, when a door is activated, connect the outside cell to the inside one, then open the door onto the interior. As soon as you leave the dwelling again, the link would be broken. That way you'd never add a vast overhead to existing outside world cells, but would keep the immersive interior feel.

The idea is that such a mod should, if possible, also mean that any addon mods will have connected interiors by default, as the same scripting should workl for new buildings and old ones. It would get more complicate with buildings that just don't fit, of course (the Tiber Septim basement springs to mind), but is it possible?

A final side effect is that it should be able to make NPCs actually use exterior doors instead of teleporting through them - the sight of people actually opening a door, and locking/unlocking them, would really help immersion.

(Currently on strong painkillers for toothache so if this all sounds like the ramblings of a fevered imagination, it may be. Please let me down politely)

<sigh> Another realism breaker then :(

At least it's not quite like Neverwinter Nights with the dolls houses containing a football-field-sized room

Another thing is that you have to do this for every door in existence in Cyrodiil... Then have all the items move with them, change the AI, make quests work with it... It would be a lot of work, not to mention that you also have to scale down the building, and then the doors won't fit and stuff.

And on top of that, houses or other interiors with "basements" would pose a whole new problem, as you would need to be able to penetrate the exterior ground to reach them.