Random Events

TotalRookie

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how about: you go into the woods then you see a Wood Elf taking a dump into the woods haha

No, but would be cool if you could see guys building houses! or you bought a house and when its night a burglar comes in to the house and try to steal stuff :P

I don't remember any articles explaining if there would be any random events like in Fallout 3. It would make the game much more interesting to have some less intrusive random events spawn in game while adventuring. Located below are some RE suggestions:

Broken down merchant caravans.

Random Dragon encounter.

Bandit Ambush/Dark Brotherhood Ambush.

Some guy falling out of the sky with an overpowered Acrobatics Scroll.

Environmental Events (Avalanche?) would probably eat up resources T.T

Getting pickpocketed in towns

Getting mugged in towns

Bar fights while in bars

Finding Murder Victim/Suicide

Attack by Adoring Fan

Any other ideas, (serious or silly) add them below!

Me Like!

How about, you could be walking or riding along the road, and someone is crying over a dead body. After like 5 seconds of crying, they plunge a sword into themselves, commiting suicide.

Someone could be mugging another person and you could help the victim (or the mugger).

You could be somewhere, and as you walk along, two guys can ride by you, fighting each other in mounted combat.

Werewolf fighting a vampire, anyone?

Yeah and when you go up to the vampire his name's Edward and the werewolf's Jacob LOL Twilight

Haha or how about there both chasing that girl- sorry I don't remember her name, not a twilight fan.

Edited by bishop278

A stripper invites you into her home......if you choose to accept;

She turns out to be a vampire and tries to suck your blood.

She turns out to be very horny and sucks something else.....

A powerful bandit asks for you to pay a toll, or die.

Your choices are different depending on your class.

You can:

Pay the toll and the bandit will let you pass

Pay the toll and the bandit will try to kill you anyway

Fight the bandit, who will transform into a dragon (lulz)

Fight the bandit, only for him to run away cowering

Fight the bandit and pass.

Trained in Destruction(I think): Paralyze the Bandit

Trained in illusion: Turn Invisible and walk past him.

Trained in Speechcraft: Convince him to give you a discount.

Trained in Strength: Intimidate the Bandit, who sh**s him self silly.

Trained in Stealth: The Bandit might not notice you at all.

Edited by Sketchy77

Well, not as much a random encounter as a static easter egg, but hey...

Imagine you're exploring a quiet birch forest, when you suddenly stumble upon a small patch within it that seems to have been scorched by flame. In the middle of the blackened ring, there is a small stone altar with a weird symbol craved on it, chipped and burnt like the surroundings, indicating some catastrophic spellcasting error.

Face first in the burnt grass, in front of the stone block, lies an Altmer in a wizard's robe, unharmed from the flame but quite evidently dead, pale and bald. Scattered around him is his wordly possessions, including a battered journal detailing his misadventures. It's singed and dusty, but some passages are readable.

"...Is an odd world. Some horrific disaster of mythical proportions seem to have ravaged it, leaving nothing but ruins, where monsters rivaling those home in Tamriel prowl. Monuments lie shattered, sand is swept through once well-kept halls and corridors and blackened bones snap beneath my treads if I do not exercise utmost caution. This world reminds me much of what I have heard of Molag Bal's cruel realm, the Coldharbour... But it is unbearably hot, and the silence is very..."

"...Calls this realm 'Good ol' Euess Ey'. The peasants are admirable, substaining themselves on nearly nothing, toiling for their very survival amongst the debris of their ancestors. However, a specimen of the local wildlife (a formidable, reptilian beast, perhaps related to the Daedroth) promted my swift departure before..."

"...Some sort of religious idol, akin to what I have found in many a goblin stronghold. It seems to be portraying one of their gods taking human form, a friendly, reassuring smile on his face. He strikes a menacing pose, flexing both his arms, in a promise of stalwart protection. It is poetic then, how I found this particular trinket. I entered into what must have been an ordinary home before the great siege, and found several more skeletons all cramped together beneath a sturdy table. I wrested it from the blackened, crumbling fingers of a long dead child. Perhaps one day, I may disclose the fate of this world. All evidence seems to point towards a cataclysmic war, but I will need more...

"...Felt unusually weak... Exhausted, drained... Perhaps I should prepare to head home to Nirn once more..."

"DO NOT DRINK THE WATER..."

The Altmer clutches a battered Vault Boy bobblehead in his dead hand.

Edited by Kazakovich