What mods should I really install?

Skoran

Oh and another question: I know I need MWSE for some mods but I also want to use Morrowind FPS optimizer to change my fov and aspect ratio.

How can I start the game with both these enabled?

Morrowind FPS Optimizer doesn't have to launch Morrowind itself. It "recognizes" when Morrowind has been launched, even if you do it through MWSE's Morrowind Launcher. Just be sure you use version 1.96 of the Optimizer, and not 2.0. The latter was done by a different modder, and it's quite buggy.

As for MWSE: I've never had any problems with it, and the number of mods that use it is growing steadily. I would caution against using it with MWE (Morrowind Enhanced), a different extended scripting system that was begun around the same time, but later abandoned. MWE has some very nice mods (I especially liked Advanced Journal and Advanced Writing), but it doesn't work well in tandem with MWSE, and there have been occasional reports of unresolved issues on its own. Stick with MWSE.

Little bump :P

I think Darknut put his retextures in a specific folder based on the texture resolution (512 or 1024). Check so that you have put the dds. files from the specific folder into the Morrowind Textures folder. This was a great issue with his armor retexture, dunno if it apply to this download though :P

There's a great variety of mods out there that improves the armors with bump-mapping, better meshes etc. It's just a bit hard to find these somethimes. I'll provide you with the links of you're still around.

Yup im still here, so feel free to share them :P.