Merchant Behavior is too paranoid

VGI

Went to Imperial City Market District.

Went in Discount Spells shop. Saw a scroll fall to the floor for some unknown reason. Picked it up using the "Z" key and placed it back on the table.

Merchant says, "Hey! That's mine! GUARDS!"

But I go to him, his disposition towards me is still unchanged (68). He smiles at me and I buy spells from him after I haggle.

I go out of the shop thinking, "How odd, but at least he realized that I wasn't stealing, that I was just putting his stuff back on the table. :D"

Then a guard rushes towards me and arrests me.

STUPID!

Bethesda! What the hell?!?!?!? AI stupid much?

Is there a mod to correct this? No point in enhancing visuals and audio with awesome mods if the NPC's act stupid. Really.

It's a fine mod. Be sure to offer the modder a thumbs up of approval if you like it--as I think you will. :)

For some reason, the omod version of this mod won't realize that I have OBSE v.0019b.

I have the Steam version of Oblivion, and I got obse working by following the instructions here.

But still, the omod version of this mod persists in telling me that I need obse v.0018 or higher to work and won't activate. I have other mods, omod version, that requires obse, and they all work fine.

I had to install this mod mnually for it to work. But I rather have it activated through OBMM as an omod.

Any ideas?

I know that the latest obse version is v.0020beta. Would getting it help? I rather wait for v.0020beta to become stable, non-beta first before getting it.

Avoid the beta; it's not fully stable, yet. Have you had similar problems with other new mods while using OBSE 19? If not, I'd suggest it's a one-off. If it's happened more than once, you probably want to post about this in the lates OBSE thread in Bethsoft's Oblivion mod forum.

Avoid the beta; it's not fully stable, yet. Have you had similar problems with other new mods while using OBSE 19? If not, I'd suggest it's a one-off. If it's happened more than once, you probably want to post about this in the lates OBSE thread in Bethsoft's Oblivion mod forum.

No other mods that require obse has encountered this problem. It is only with this mod, Put it in its Place.

So it is a one-off.

What do I do?

No other mods that require obse has encountered this problem. It is only with this mod, Put it in its Place.

So it is a one-off.

What do I do?

I'd suggest contacting the modder of Put it in its Place. Try sending him a personal message, here. You can also try to reach him at PlanetElderScrolls, here. He hasn't posted in a couple of months, but we all tend to come and go. And I know he was forever seeking feedback.

Check the omod installation script for one of the mods that works, and look at the test to see what the OBSE version is. Compare with the same test in the file above. If the way they do it is different, there is the likely reason the detection doesn't work.

Of course, the other mod may not attempt to check - in that case it's no wonder it doesn't give an error.

Check the omod installation script for one of the mods that works, and look at the test to see what the OBSE version is. Compare with the same test in the file above. If the way they do it is different, there is the likely reason the detection doesn't work.

Of course, the other mod may not attempt to check - in that case it's no wonder it doesn't give an error.

I can only have a vague idea of what you are talking about...sorry.