Dead Money Not Dog (god)

GrindedStone

http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac156/grindedstone/NewVegas/NotDog.jpg

I think it would work really well with boxer tape gloves an some huge bunny slipers or something like that.

Doesn't matter what I do a dozen or so failed attempts to just get the base mesh to work on this project.

*edit*

I've given up. I've tried it so many ways. Maybe 20 but each time it does the same thing. Geck stretches it out to infinity. Then in-game it isn't rendered.

Edited by GrindedStone

Hi!

Yea u need to say what kind of problem you are having or people wont be able to help you at all.

I think that you have made this suit to fit onto the body of a super mutant? It looks nice.

Maybe since it is not moving along with the rest of the super mutant during animation your having a problem with the skinning of it.

I dont know what different things you tried but what you gotta do is have all the vertex groups and bone weights set up properly.

This is not something that you can achieve in nifskoep, but its pretty easy to learn how to do in blender if you dont give up.

This wiki page has links to some tutorials on doing that.

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Blender_rigging_/_skinning

Basically you will need to learn how to use the bone weight copy script to get the new geometry weighted about like the existing geometry to make it move properly with the rest of everything.

I hope you dont just give up cause when you get it working you will feel good.

It does work just fine. Read the tutorials on weight painting and you will know about vertex groups and you can check them to see if they are matching the skeleton.

There should be one group for each of the bones except for bip01 and bip01 nonaccum.

You should also have some vertex groups for the dismemberment body parts.

You can delete the armature and import the skeleton.nif for supermutant with a kf file attached to it to test it in blender without going into game.

I posted some instructions at the bottom of this thread earlier.

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/299219-vertices-not-rigging-properly-for-export/

I hope that you can get it working. Its a good idea to take a short break when you are frustrated or fatigued on your project so you can focus on it when you get back to it.

I do this maybe more than i should.

LoL @ Baduk me too...

Whoopz... I thought that was weird. Afterwards I checked it with nifscope an enabled shadow map on the parts that had skin thinking it was the skin shader type I was changing. Uh that's somewhere else. Hello...

Dang... Well I did learn some stuff about creatures an the supermutant vanilla meshes. The mesh for the Lilly character is more of a one piece mesh. So I think this next time I'll try using that one as a base. There are some sandles in there to for the supermutant feet parts. It's not much but better than nothing.

Thanks

Edited by GrindedStone