How do you Roleplay?

Th0raxeIV

The DB will be coming back in Skyrim....as faction (I think) and as a much major role this time around

Yay! :biggrin:

You know, they were probably involved in the murder of the King of Skyrim.

With games like Oblivion I think of the type of character I am playing and what they would and would not do. It's more of a way to preserve the game for second and third playthroughs than anything. Anyways, if I play a mage he might be rather popous and really unconcerned with saving kittens or going out of his way to some dirty and nasty dungeon. If he is evil there is still no saving of kittens, but he is more likely to do things which benefit him. An adventurer would be less likely to do quests that involve city gossip or helping out merchants with other merchants that they dont like. He'd rather do quests that send him to dungeons and long forgotten areas of the world. My do-gooder does all the saving of kittens and stuff, but no evil deeds or adventuring for the sake of it.

By doing that I can play through the game multiple times and keep everything new and interesting for myself and its somewhat like RP.

I usually play the race that is native to that province (at least at first).

Funnily enough, this occurred by accident. In Morrowind, I played as a Dunmer. In Oblivion, I played as an Imperial.

So, why not continue the unplanned tradition and play as a Nord in Skyrim? :D

Edited by IndorilTheGreat

I mostly play as the good guy, not that I would not enjoy evil characters, it's just that these games kinda make you play good characters. Anyway, I like having a more realistical experience in the sense that I use hunger, sleep mods to make this aspect of this game seem more real, but on the other hand I keep in mind this is a fictional universe and everything is posible. So when I encounter a zombie or any other enemy and I'm aware that my stamina is low, I will not engage into a fight, but instead plan my attack or simply leave if I manage to remain undetected. This is probably the main reason why I use stealth characters most of the time. I build my Oblivion world thanks to the mods of course, based on how my character is.

This is how I play most of the time, to give you an idea:

http://tesnexus.com/imageshare/images/546537-1237674573.JPG

I like to keep close to the lore, and immersion is also a factor that I like to take into consideration. For those interested, perform a search over at the official forums, Oblivion mods subforum for "Delte thread of immersion mods", or just "delte". You'll find links to many mods that enhance the immersion and add a more realistical feeling to the gameplay. Also check out some of SCA mods. He has some fine mods that realy make archery a great experience.

Cheers and beers,

Pushkatu

i like to image roleplay not as a choir but who you are thats what theses games are about being who want to be putting not the character in a situation but you in it thats how i feel in oblivion im either a necromancer taking over the world in the armour of maloviance or a savage bloodthirsty orc as i gather other barbaric allies and bring a end to brumia and soon establish the world in dragontail suporiaty (orsinuamm orcs are weak to much fluffy and ugly dragontail are orcs who must fight kill chop thoses orcs are the ones i love) :devil: but overall as you see i have easilly established roleplay in my text also i heard there will be a factions like fallout new vegas for skyrim and finishing finally i will have a trophy rack for my orc warlord in the game :smile:

I enjoy playing a jack of all trades to get a little taste of everything the game has to offer. Specializing in stealth; sneaking and marksmanship, I'll also take up a blade, and light armour. I like to go with the flow of the game, so when the initial momentum of the game wears down a bit I'll study some destruction and restoration skills. Edited by Shugozen