NPC Looting Script

Cyberweasel89

I'm trying to make a mod that allows you to adjust the frequency of NPC and follower looting. To either turn it off so that all loot stays where it is unless you say so, make all NPCs realistically fight for loot, and several levels in-between.

So it would be in the Game Setting section of the game files is what you're saying?

I recall seeing something to the effect of 'find better weapon' time. It's in the game settings. I remember from looking at the gamesettings in the fWE mod.

Hmmm... Read through each of the game setting files individually and didn't find anything about "find better weapon"...

I wonder where it could be...

Ah. There's also another mod I'm making that requires me to find and adjust this game setting. It may sound silly, but I'm intending to make a mod for people who like to roleplay while playing, such as by giving their followers certain weapons and armor to play out characters or roles. The roleplaying players don't have many mods to suit their playing style, aside from "Playable Professions". Since followers will just replace a bad weapon with a better one they find on a corpse or lying around, that makes roleplaying hard. I'm trying to find a way to either prevent the looting or make any weapon you give your followers "sticky" so they won't just replace it with a better weapon they find, or possibly make better weapons "invisible" to followers so they don't pick them up.

Still, I'd like to find the NPC looting setting so I can make a mod that makes it adjustable...

Edited by Cyberweasel89

Hmmm... Read through each of the game setting files individually and didn't find anything about "find better weapon"...

I wonder where it could be...

Ah. There's also another mod I'm making that requires me to find and adjust this game setting. It may sound silly, but I'm intending to make a mod for people who like to roleplay while playing, such as by giving their followers certain weapons and armor to play out characters or roles. The roleplaying players don't have many mods to suit their playing style, aside from "Playable Professions". Since followers will just replace a bad weapon with a better one they find on a corpse or lying around, that makes roleplaying hard. I'm trying to find a way to either prevent the looting or make any weapon you give your followers "sticky" so they won't just replace it with a better weapon they find, or possibly make better weapons "invisible" to followers so they don't pick them up.

Still, I'd like to find the NPC looting setting so I can make a mod that makes it adjustable...

This is the one I saw :fCombatFindBetterWeaponTime

I would guess it has to do with how much time will be devoted to looking for a better weapon if the AI thinks it needs one?

You can equip a weapon to an actor through script with a flag so they can't unequip it.

actorREF.EquipItem WeapHuntingRifle 1

http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php/EquipItem

Hmmm... strange... I've done searches, gone through the list alphabetically, but that setting is nowhere to be found...

Are you sure it's a vanilla setting? You might be looking at a setting found in one of your mods... What's the ID for it?

And something tells me that using a script to make their weapon unequipable won't stop them from picking up better weapons laying around or off corpses... the need for a better weapon would still be there, I figure, they just wouldn't be able to equip what they pick up.

In the Geck go up to Gameplay, settings, then type fcombatf in the filter window and it will be right on top.

And yeah they may search anyway even if their weapons are locked.