Dragon Species in Skyrim

AurianaValoria1

Something has been bugging me ever since I saw the gameplay trailer, and I was wondering if anyone was thinking the same thing.

According to Elder Scrolls lore, there are two (at least) known subspecies of dragon: red and black.

So far, It seems that Alduin is a black dragon ("black wings in the cold"). The dragons in the trailer also look black(ish). What about the red dragons?

The symbol of Tiber Septim and the Empire is a red dragon. Could it be that the black dragons are aligned with Alduin, while the red ones are aligned with Akatosh? It's hard to say for certain, because it is not clear whether Alduin is a separate entity from Akatosh, or if the Dragon God just has a split personality. :confused:

Is anyone like me, and hoping there's a few good dragons thrown in there? What are your thoughts?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do really hope there are a few good ones, i really wish to see/talk maybe have a dragon **companion** that i meet in the game and have to help him out, or atleast as a part of the quest...it would be awesome, but then again from what i understood the dragonborn seems to be more of a dragonslayer, then someone who actually communicates with dragons...therefore my hopes arent very high that something like this might happen.

I want to believe that this time Beth has taken care not only in graphics but in the gameplay and interesting features...surely creation set will be availiable to mod the game but i still want to hope that there is more to it then just the typical dragon slaying and gaining powers.

Edited by pavy

Perhaps Dragons will be like Daedra in Morrowind; they will attack you regardless, but some are aligned with the "Good Daedra" (or Aedra), and some are aligned with the "Bad Daedra" (...well, Daedra). Edited by IndorilTheGreat

I for one find the notion of a dragon companion extremely tacky, thus I pray daily in front of my Todd Howard altar that Bethesda does NOT include dragons as companions in Skyrim.

My hope is that the sole purpose of the dragons is to be the strongest, most evil hero-eating, village-burning enemies in the game that have no other intentions than to kill you dead. Having a benevolent dragon helping you out and offering advice sounds like something that belongs in the Harry Potter novels.

Maybe yes GenocideLolita but then again why dont make something more out of that then the typical *ahh evil dragon...bash bash...i got povah ...yeah!*

It does not have to be companion like i said but why dont make more out of it...surely these dragons are dangerous but i hope there will be more depth to them then just cutting and slashing in the typical human behaviour.

Edited by pavy

Depth is nice and all, but how would Bethesda add depth to the creatures that are supposed to be the main adversaries in the game? Making the player able to enter conversation with them perhaps, but what would the dragons have to say? Should there be less evil dragons around that could offer quests and stuff?

I for one find the notion of a dragon companion extremely tacky, thus I pray daily in front of my Todd Howard altar that Bethesda does NOT include dragons as companions in Skyrim.

My hope is that the sole purpose of the dragons is to be the strongest, most evil hero-eating, village-burning enemies in the game that have no other intentions than to kill you dead. Having a benevolent dragon helping you out and offering advice sounds like something that belongs in the Harry Potter novels.

There are no benevolent dragons in Harry Potter novels.

I dont like the idea of benevolent dragons as companions, not for this game, but some NPC interaction with them could be cool.