Dragon Species in Skyrim

AurianaValoria1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I know there are bigger lore-buffs out there that can probably discredit me, but here's the story that I've built up:

I picture the red dragons as mediaeval ones (like the ones that are shown in skyrim), and the black dragons as more of an eastern-style dragon (Asian influence. Fly without wings. Etc).

We know that, in Akavir, the Tsaesci tried to eat the dragons after eating the humans. The black dragons fled to Po' Tun, and the red dragons were enslaved, and they were all "extinct" after the battle was over.

They are obviously not extinct, because they are appearing in skyrim. So maybe the black dragons somehow melded with the tiger people (or maybe there is only one left—Tosh Raka). And if the dragons WEREN'T completely destroyed, then maybe the humans weren't, either. Maybe the enslaved red dragons melded with them, and they escaped to tamriel.

So maybe "red" and "black" aren't because of the color of them, but because "red" represents the blood passed down through the families of akaviri escapees. Maybe "black" is more of a magical transformation, or divine transformation.

Far out

ehm dude thats a little far fetched cant you just stick to the facts.....

and offcourse this video uploaded a few days ago shows us some reall nice stuff and offcourse what we all thought about dragon differsity and companions

*vid*

though you have to watch through the first half of the video with dragon shouts and spriggans

xx

Argh! Necro. :sick:

It would have been pretty hard for him to see that video, since he posted in JULY.

Anyway, in reference to the redirection of topic: We've heard there are 6 main dragon types, each with different "power levels." We've actually seen 4 types now (maybe): red in the latest video, along with the purple (?) one that is called by a shout. Since that one's named, I wouldn't count it as one of the types. In the QuakeCon/E3 demo there's a standard, greenish one as well as a blue frost dragon. In a magazine scan, we've seen another greenish one with different scales and tail, although that may just be a variation on the standard green one.

Todd says in the interview that the player "earns the trust" of this named dragon, and can then shout his name to gain his aid in battle. Who knows what this task entails, but I imagine it's not as simple as pulling a thorn out of his scaly claw...

still man its not only bout the video its just what some people come up with like people who want werewolves to be in game and in war with the vampires. for as far as im known this is elder scrolls not twillight the werewolves here are feral and i think that means they dont really have a mind and so cannot wage war its just about takin it to far