Dragon Species in Skyrim

AurianaValoria1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depth is nice and all, but how would Bethesda add depth to the creatures that are supposed to be the main adversaries in the game? Making the player able to enter conversation with them perhaps, but what would the dragons have to say? Should there be less evil dragons around that could offer quests and stuff?

I believe it has been said that dragons will be conversing with the player, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

I do however know for a fact, that there will be a sword that talks to the player, so a talking dragon isn't impossible. :happy:

Edit: Right, so apparently, I'm having one of those days. I read "Esbern (The Blade)," and logically, I thought it meant a sword. :pinch:

I apologize for my lack of intelligence... It can be a bit of a problem sometimes... :whistling:

Edited by IndorilTheGreat

Talking sword, eh? Guess Bethesda noticed the popularity of the Lilarcor mods.

What the game really needs is a talking skull that follows the player around, makes smartass comments and flirts with all female NPCs it comes across. :pinch:

Depth is nice and all, but how would Bethesda add depth to the creatures that are supposed to be the main adversaries in the game? Making the player able to enter conversation with them perhaps, but what would the dragons have to say? Should there be less evil dragons around that could offer quests and stuff?

I believe it has been said that dragons will be conversing with the player, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

I do however know for a fact, that there will be a sword that talks to the player, so a talking dragon isn't impossible. :happy:

Edit: Right, so apparently, I'm having one of those days. I read "Esbern (The Blade)," and logically, I thought it meant a sword. :pinch:

I apologize for my lack of intelligence... It can be a bit of a problem sometimes... :whistling:

Not to worry, I made that mistake when I first heard that Esbern the Blade would be your mentor.I thought to myself "A sword is going to be my mentor?I'd rather prefer a staff" until I remembered that the blades are the organization of knights that protect the emperor.

Also I think that if it is possible to speak to dragons, the conversations would be very short, considering how most of them would probably be trying to kill you.You are one of the last dragonslayers after all, and the biggest threat to them, I can't imagine one that would be willing to offer you a quest, unless that quest somehow ends with you in between a pair of dragon jaws.But I do think there will be a few certain situations where you will talk to a dragon or two, most likely during the main quest.

• 3 months later...

well whats funny and nothing of you noticed is that 1st of the dragons in the pictures are entireley different.

look at these 2:

and

those 2 dragons are entirely different and if you watch the latest e3 skyrim demo you will notice the 1 hes fighting at the tower is white(ish),

i dont know its whether thanks to the snow effects or the dragon itself but it looked different 2 i guess.

and next 2 that bethesda would have never let us down when its comes to differsity and i dont believe they will with this game.

btw its for a certain fact that there will be dragons which will ask you for help sometimes offering great rewards and it will most likely be possible to summon a wyvern to aid in battle but most of the dragon species will just attack you on sight and sometimes with more then just 1.

I would be ok with a benevolent talking dragon so long as it is voiced by no other than Sean Connery.

I jest. I think a companion dragon would severely unbalance the game... And would probably make the player character useless in most battles.