Oblivion patch fail..........

failblox

when i try to install the patch 1.2.146 normal not SI and i get allitle way through and says old file not found, file of same name found, contents do not match: patch fail.

what do i do to make the patch work?

Edited by failblox

Quoted from the readme:

[ Instructions ]

1. Go to http://www.elderscro...tes_patches.htm and download the v1.2 patch applicable to your local region from Bethesda.

2. Make sure your original Oblivion DVD is inserted in one of your DVD drives.

3. Run autopatcher.exe.

4. Autopatcher should automatically detect your Oblivion DVD - if this fails, it will print "Couldn't find the Oblivion DVD. Do you want to specify a path containing the Oblivion install files manually?". Answer "Yes", then find the "data1.hdr" file on your Oblivion DVD.

5. Autopatcher will ask you where you want to save the Oblivion.exe file. It should automatically detect where you have Oblivion installed, so just clicking "save" should be OK. If you have moved your Oblivion installation, navigate there, although if autopatcher can't detect where you have Oblivion installed, you may have problems running the patcher. See the Troubleshooting section for detailed instructions if this applies to you.

6. If you already have an Oblivion.exe, autopatcher will ask you if it's OK to rename it to Oblivion.exe.old. I suggest clicking Yes, because having a backup is always safer than not.

7. A new Oblivion.exe (version 0.1.0.228) will be created based on the files on your Oblivion DVD. Autopatcher will then exit.

8. Run the v1.2 patch you downloaded in step one. It should automatically update your Oblivion.exe to 1.2.0.214. If an error dialog saying "Old file not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match" appears during patching, just click OK. This means that you've either installed Shivering Isles, or you've modified one of the files on your own.

9. Everything should be done! To check the version of Oblivion you now have installed, right-click your Oblivion.exe, choose "Properties", then go to the Version tab. If it says "1.2.0.214", you're good to go.

What is your current patch level? That message is usually seen when someone tries to patch when they already have the patch, or they have the SI patch with the same number, or they have applied the wrong patch for some reason.

Also, be sure you gave the proper language version - for the Oblivion only patch UK & US English are different patches. However for the SI patch they are the same. :rolleyes:

The patches from the Bethesda site will not work on games from D2D or many pirated versions. Steam autopatches it's version and you MUST have steam for it to do that.

If you have SI - DO NOT use the Oblivion only patch - ONLY use the SI patch. If you have the Game of the Year version, the only patch you need is included on the SI install part.

If you have borked your patch, it cannot be replaced or removed and you MUST reinstall.

If you do have a pirated version, please go away as we do not support thieves.

Here is a link to my complete uninstall/reinstall procedure located in the articles section of the Nexus

http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/article.php?id=240

It allows you to preserve any saves and mods, or remove them completely - your choice.