Sight Alignment Problem

Corejob

Got a puzzler.

After tweaking the ##SightingNode on a model I've got the sights nicely aligned, but rounds strike very high, i.e. I have to aim at feet to hit body. Any thoughts? Haven't had this problem before. Is it the projectile node? rotating the model doesn't help.

Hi!

I guess yo could try changing the eutler rotation on the projectile node but that can really be a pain to do. There is no axes display or anything on it and euler is hard to get used to unless you are a math guy or something.

IF you take your model and import it to blender then you can find it will have different empties for each node on the weapon. Some of them are used sort of like bones to parent the animated parts of the weapon to for reloading.

The sighting node. projectile node, adnd shell casing one tho are right there and you can rotate them easily with blender. I was just looking at one gun and it had transform properties of x-90 y-90 on sighting and projectile.

It points to the right on x axis globally.

So import to blender with settings of import extra nodes to get the special ones in.

Then when you export it you gotta turn off the export skin partition, flatten skin, and export dismember body parts things.

Turn on the havok presets for weapon and choose the right material, default shader presets across the top row of buttons, and make sure to turn on use bsfadenode root.

I just quicly imported and exported a weapon to look at it all and the exported nif looks just fine, so I think it will work for you in game properly.

Hi!

Yea i looked again at the exported nif and there was some problem with my instructions.

You may want to turn off stripification but i really dont know what it affects, maybe it is fine unless the nif has geometry morphing which this doesnt.

I wasnt able to figure out so far how to export it with the correct nitransformcontroller or niviscontroller blocks on it except for some broken ones on the special nodes.

You can just paste these blocks from the original weapon onto the controller ref in the block details of the corresponding nodes on your exported nif.

Anyway, it will probably work fine in game that way and i think its just a weird thing about weapon animations because those are applied by the game with the same keyframe file as the character animation is.