What incurs a 2 gold penalty?

Stampede

I went to pray at the Skingrad chapel last night when I was told to repent, etc. Highly unlikely, since I have started over using OOO, my character currently has a fame of about 75 and an infamy of 0. However, I saw I was indeed a fugitive as I had a MASSIVE price on my head totalling the bank-breaking sum of 2 gold.

I spoke to the captain of the guard who said because we are buddies he will look the other way this time. Phew! What a relief!!

But I'm curious as to how I got the fine in the first place, I don't go hunting or anything...mayhap I moved an owned clutter item by mistake?

You didn't go in any private quarters of a castle? That sometimes gives you a bounty of 1 and if you go through those quarters twice...

There are some weird things that can give you a 1 gold bounty, but I can't think of any right now.

• 4 weeks later...
I saw I was indeed a fugitive as I had a MASSIVE price on my head totalling the bank-breaking sum of 2 gold.

I was once confused about this too. However, I played once for a while I finally found out how. It requires someone to steal and get caught in the act. I'm pretty sure that you are charged half the value (maybe the whole cost :huh: ) of the item that you stole. Another way to get a weird bounty like that is if you pick up someone elses item that would otherwise be stealing with the 'Z' button and someone sees you do it. I got a bounty of 1 gold once because I moved a strawberry so I could steal the silver bowl it was in. I got caught and was charged a whopping 1 gold. Also, if you move with the 'Z' button and the item has a value of 0, you don't get a bounty at all.

It could be a mod problem before I was force to reinstalled oblivion, I would be standing around the city and suddenly ppl and gaurd start yelling at me and chasing me for a 1 gold bounty, never figured out wat caused it for sure tho, I just assume it was a minor mod conflict glitch

Archived