Skyrim Trailer in 3D!

vvk78

First, understand and learn how to view Cross-Eyed 3D video.

Cross Eye 3D without glasses (Complete Advanced Tutorial)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvShotHl1As

Now, you can enjoy......

Skyrim Trailer in 3D (let it buffer completely and then watch it in full screen)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoK72ULN480

Disclaimer:

These are not my videos, just sharing them here with the Skyrim fans. If this topic should be in another forum/thread, please have it moved accordingly. Thanks!

Edited by vvk78

Once you figure how to do the cross-eyed 3D and practise it on a few videos, it is extremely useful. And fun! Though, I would reiterate that doing it for longer periods should be avoided.

Those people who wear normal glasses/spectacles or sunglasses every day, are already doing cross-eye. Our eyes strain through the tiny stains/blemishes on the glasses, to form a blemish-free 3D image of the real world (your depth perception is hampered without using both eyes - try closing one eye and you will find that distant objects look flat).

I can do this if the images I am looking at are small enough. For instance in the first video I can see the 3d images at the end just fine, but I can't see them in full screen no matter how hard I try. Unfortunately, the skyrim vid also seems to be too big for me.

First, understand and learn how to view Cross-Eyed 3D video.

Cross Eye 3D without glasses (Complete Advanced Tutorial)

You should probably have watched and/or understood those videos you linked prior to creating this thread, in that case, I would not have had to write this post.

Side-by-side images is a good and easy way to make stereoscopic images. In order for the two images to properly form a 3D image it is necessary for the two images to have been taken from slightly different angels, corresponding to the left eye's and the right eye's respective view, of the item being fotographed. (1)

1: Now that you know this, you should be able to understand that the video you provided would not, under any circumstances, yield a singel 3D frame in the entire video. In order to produce such a 3D video, the video would have to be rendered from two slightly different viewing angles so that paralax of the objects in the different rendations would be noticable. People claiming that they actually do experience the video clip in 3D is either experience a "placebo effect" (2) or suffer from the "fancy art syndrom" (3).

2: The Skyrim "3D video" you provided is not made by using the Side-by-side technique, which you provided a tutorial for. The video creator have instead chosen to fake the 3D effect by giving the video the impression of using the anaglyph technique (4). The same prerequisites still apply, thus irrelevant of which of these two techniques he would have used, it would still not yield a 3D video.

tl;dr: This is not 3D.

1. http://en.wikipedia....ng_scenarios.29

2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placebo

3. A common incident when a person is faced with something that others seem to understand and/or like for no apparent reason. It usualy starts when someone discovers something that might seem either clever or possibly "fancy", but really is not. They introduce their friends and acquaintances to this "something", who rightly concludes that there is nothing remarkable with it. It then strikes them, the there is a possibility that they could be too stupid or uninformed to get why this items is so spectacular. Neither of them can allow that the others find out such an embarrasing fact about them, so naturaly they all say that they understand the amazing charactaristics of said item, and then they show off, and thus itterating the process, by pointing out some more remarcable traits that the item possesses.

4. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaglyph_image

Edited by Necris

Necris,

Thanks for that useful info! :thumbsup:

Yes, I realise that the Skyrim "3D" trailer cannot be very realistic 3D -- after all, it is recreated from a 2D trailer (which had a fixed camera)! So, if my understanding is correct, there's no way that 3d trailer could have been created using Side-by-side technique to create realistic 3D. :unsure:

I have watched a few cross-eyed 3D videos before, and perhaps the tutorial video I linked may not have been the best to explain the concept to someone trying cross-eye psuedo-3D videos for the first time. I did search for a few good tutorial videos, and that one seemed adequate, since it did have a fair amount of detail in it.

Since you seem to be good at 3D, is it possible for you to recreate the recent official Skyrim trailer (it was mindblowing!) and share it with us fans here? We would love to see a proper 3D rendering! :woot:

If it is not possible, perhaps you can oblige us by teaching us how to turn a 2D video into realistic 3D, as many of us here would want to try to convert our home/family videos into 3D videos (without buying those expensive 3D cameras!). Thanks.. :cool: