Game crashes every 10 minutes

Scorpial

I have a feeling I know what the problem is, but I just want your imput.

My game does not CTD on loadup, I can play the game just fine. My game is extremelly laggy and freezes often, but every 10minutes, it CTD's... I am running NV from my laptop (which I absolutely hate) and these are my computer settings:

Intel Pentium processor T4300 (2.1 GHz, 800 MHz FSB

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 Graphics 512 MB

4 GB Memory

500 GB HDD

Now, I have literally more than 90mods installed + lots of texture packs, so my guess is, either the game is WAYYY to hard for my computer to run, Or my laptop is overheating and causing the crashes. (probably brought on by the fact that the game is too advanced for it)

So, what do you guys think? I am overdue for a new computer anyways, but if you think that it's what's causing the crashes then I might have a solution. But, if it's something to do with mod incompatibility issues, then that's gonna take a while.

Also, am I the only one who has +90 mods? I mean, I know nVamp brings together mods to make things more compatible, but I hate it. Plus, I've tried downloading it after a fresh install of NV and it didn't even work for me.

Thanks.

[EDIT] oh, and I disabled the "enable steam cloud synchronization..." thing because I heard somewhere that it helps prevent crashes. It worked for about 30mins but then it began it's usual routine again.

Edited by Scorpial

I have a feeling I know what the problem is, but I just want your imput.

My game does not CTD on loadup, I can play the game just fine. My game is extremelly laggy and freezes often, but every 10minutes, it CTD's... I am running NV from my laptop (which I absolutely hate) and these are my computer settings:

Intel Pentium processor T4300 (2.1 GHz, 800 MHz FSB

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 Graphics 512 MB

4 GB Memory

500 GB HDD

Now, I have literally more than 90mods installed + lots of texture packs, so my guess is, either the game is WAYYY to hard for my computer to run, Or my laptop is overheating and causing the crashes. (probably brought on by the fact that the game is too advanced for it)

So, what do you guys think? I am overdue for a new computer anyways, but if you think that it's what's causing the crashes then I might have a solution. But, if it's something to do with mod incompatibility issues, then that's gonna take a while.

Also, am I the only one who has +90 mods? I mean, I know nVamp brings together mods to make things more compatible, but I hate it. Plus, I've tried downloading it after a fresh install of NV and it didn't even work for me.

Thanks.

[EDIT] oh, and I disabled the "enable steam cloud synchronization..." thing because I heard somewhere that it helps prevent crashes. It worked for about 30mins but then it began it's usual routine again.

if your laptop overheats try one of those cool pads that it can sit on. they have fans to draw of the heat. there are some websites for tweaking FONV performance:

http://segmentnext.com/2010/11/02/fallout-new-vegas-tweak-guide/

http://www.geforce.com/#/Optimize/Guides/new-vegas-tweak-guide

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/43594/t1591200-pc-tweak-guide/

file:///c:/Games/Fallout%20New%20Vegas/NV%20Configator/Readme.html

the last one is pretty nice and has an interface.

if your laptop overheats try one of those cool pads that it can sit on. they have fans to draw of the heat. there are some websites for tweaking FONV performance:

http://segmentnext.com/2010/11/02/fallout-new-vegas-tweak-guide/

http://www.geforce.com/#/Optimize/Guides/new-vegas-tweak-guide

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/43594/t1591200-pc-tweak-guide/

file:///c:/Games/Fallout%20New%20Vegas/NV%20Configator/Readme.html

the last one is pretty nice and has an interface.

Thanks for answering. I've been looking at a lot of sites yesterday and I saw one that said to check my fan for dust. So I'll do that, then if it's still heating badly, I'll try a cool pad. Those site you sent me look really good especially the first one. If checking my fan and tweeking my fallout_default.ini doesn't work, I'm not sure what to do from there.

I read somewhere that some creatures get trapped within the ground and that can cause constant crashing. I just realized that there is a RadScorpion trapped in the ground at Goodsprings, is there a console command or something I can do to get him out?

EDIT: Ok all did all the performance tweeks and I checked my computer, it is NOT overheating. Yet the game still crashes a lot. It's strange, this started happening randomly and It's not like I added any mods to my game =/

Edited by Scorpial

believe it or not a lot of computer problems I have had was because of dust in my fan. I have had an awful lot of npcs stuck in rocks and in the ground. what I do is hit ~ (tilde) for the console. click on the object or npc, make sure it's NOT you. type zap then hit return, close console.

Ok, thanks everyone. I decided to do a fresh install of New Vegas and Steam. Maybe it got corrupted somehow, so hopefully this works. There's nothing wrong with my laptop, it's acctually stronger than what the game recommends.

I'm not the only one that has constant crashing, apparently the game itself is just very buggy =/

Edited by Scorpial

Ok, thanks everyone. I decided to do a fresh install of New Vegas and Steam. Maybe it got corrupted somehow, so hopefully this works. There's nothing wrong with my laptop, it's acctually stronger than what the game recommends.

I'm not the only one that has constant crashing, apparently the game itself is just very buggy =/

This game croaks on me a lot. so many anomalies. good luck.

Re-installed, everything seems to be in order. It's running smoothly. I also noticed a really big difference by removing Enhanced Shaders. So if anyone is having performance problems, either removing it or switching to the performance version helps a lot.

Thanks everyone for the help!