If Oblivion Were A Movie...

AurianaValoria1

Agree Sean Bean for Martin. As for Uriel I personally do not feel Patrick Stewart looks old enough, and he doesn't look much like Uriel the character, so as much as I love his voice, I'd nominate Christopher Plummer. He looks much more like Uriel. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Plummer

Another possibility would be Peter O' Toole, who is just a few years younger than Plummer and is a pretty terrific actor, also still working. Really, there are so few great parts for classic actors other than playing a wizard or something once a decade, I'd love to see these classic actors get more work besides voiceovers. Stewart was born in 1940, so he is a contemporary of the Beatles and is quite fit and looks younger than his age rather than older. Really too young unless you change the age of Uriel. Could he play the part with a whole lot of makeup that might or might not work well? Yes, although relying on age makeup is always chancy, but if he did it, I think you'd need to recast Martin. Sean Bean and Stewart just don't look related. That's a frequent comment on the mod which makes the characters look like the actors, in fact.

Nothing against Patrick Stewart at all. He did a terrific job on the voice acting. But there is a reason that James Earle Jones was not cast as Darth Vader (different races). It would have been difficult to believe he was Luke's father, and I have a believability issue with Stewart being Sean Bean's father (too young, too close in age). Sean Bean is 19 years younger than Stewart, It would be difficult to explain that since he is supposed to be a younger illegit son born after Uriel's marriage broke down, and after several legit sons. The math just doesn't work for me, even if they did have more of a resemblance. The reason I would choose to keep Sean Bean over Stewart is that given Uriel's backstory, that character really does need to be considerably older than the actor is.

Oh course, we're talking Hollywood here. If I actually wanted to get the movie made, I'd make them all younger. Bean becomes Uriel unless we can get someone younger with at least two wrinkles, Pattinson or some other current idol becomes Martin, and we bring in Megan Fox as a love interest for Martin, or maybe even both of them. Then you change Baurus into a woman and make it Halle Berry or Zoe Saldana. Not sure who plays the zombies and werewolves, but without them it wouldn't get made. I jest only very slightly.

You probably could make Stewart a lot older and Bean younger, especially with makeup, hair dye for Bean, and a wig for Stewart. And, if you make Stewart look more like the Uriel in the trailer rather than the Uriel in the game, it wouldn't be so much of a stretch.

I've got another good one for Lucien....Jason Isaacs: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005042/

Jauffre comments on Baurus being so young. Could Will Smith pull it off, I wonder?

What about people like Savlian Matius, Tierra [i'm thinking Halle Berry here], Count Janus Hassildor, Chancellor Ocato, and Jauffre?

None of the characters in Oblivion were really memorable, save for the aforementioned Uriel, Martin, Lucien and perhaps a few others. You could have any random schmuck play those forgettable minor characters.