Help fixing a mask problem

pickinthebanjo

Hello, I have become quite familiar with weapons mods but I am new to armor/headgear. I ported the mesh for the Sunrise Mask from Call of Pripyat but when I went to test it I had this problem -

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/3937/sunrisemask.jpg

It looks fine in Nifskope, any opinions on how I can correct this issue?

Well, it's supposed to be on the characters head like any other mask would. I did go through that thread (If your talking about "porting FO3 hats to New Vegas") but I seen multiple different suggestions with no definite answer other than the OP saying it fixed itself.

Hi!

You can have 2 different types of headgear depending on what you need. One type is simply parented to bip01 head and has an egm file with it. this is the kind that you can have the shoulder issue on where the facegen usage flag is not checked.

The other kind has the skin data like the regular clothings. It wont deform depending on facegen settings but it will deform like a regular clothing and its useful if you want to have tubes going into a backpack or something like that.

It is important to be choosing the correct biped slot for the type of headgear that you are using. Look on this link for the details on it

biped slots and their uses at niftools forum