[WIP/REL] Vault 24

cambragol

VAULT 24

A full sized, 1000 person ruined vault nestled deep below the streets of New Vegas.

http://www.torn-stars.com/images/layout3.jpg

Have you ever wondered what a vault was really supposed to look like? Have you ever wanted to explore the full scope of an underground bunker that was supposed to house a slice of humanity for decades, if not several hundred years? Have you ever felt a little disappointed by not being able to do these things in New Vegas?

***Currently Vault 24 is in an Alpha status. Vault 24 is not a playable mod, but is rather a modders' resource. It may be used by anyone, for anything, without any need for crediting or permissions.***

Vault 24 is a massive, complex, detailed and full sized ruined vault. It contains every room, hall, stairwell, elevator, level, section and facility that one would expect to find in the vaults of Fallout. The vault is planned logically and realistically, with doors, halls, room and levels all fitting together seamlessly, free of any 'fudging' or 'teleportation'. Lighting is very dark, but realistic, with almost any visible light source producing actual light. The entire vault is ruined, and extremely messy, depicting a 'default' ruined state. Most cluttering, detailing, effects and lighting are complete, except for a handful of areas. A levels still require a final dynamic cluttering pass, optimization, and lastly, but hardly least, navmeshing.

Details

http://www.torn-stars.com/images/multipleviews.jpg

This thread will be periodically updated, for those who are interested. For more details on Vault 24, and its progress towards completion, and plenty of screenshots, visit:

Vault 24 - NewVegasNexus

Vault 24 - Mod DB

• 3 weeks later...

For those interested, Vault 24 has been updated to version 0.6

This version adds navmeshing for the Sewer, Entrance, Upper Stairwells, Main Atrium, Apartments A, Apartments B and Elevator Lobby levels. Additionally, fairly large change were made to the Elevator Lobby level, and the Lower stairwell cluttering was completed. Lighting and FX for the previously mentioned levels was all standardized and enhanced.

Yes and no. For play it is divided into 15 separate cells. However, I have a master layout cell in which every cell is placed and fits together. So the whole vault "works' and doesn't rely on any teleportation or 'fudging' via separate cells. The picture at the top of this page is view of the master layout cell in the GECK.

Granted, most players won't know the difference, but some, such as myself, will appreciate the extra care, realism and immersion that comes as a result of taking this approach.

How goes that tile set? I've already been mapping out where I can realistically fit maintenance passages. I am using the master layout to plan some multi-level connections. Many of my current layouts are quite 'tight' and leave only a few spots where I could fit a maintenance tunnel. Still, I'll be able to squeeze them in somewhere...