Purchasing the DLCs when I own the GOTY Edition...

shaklee1

I got the GOTY Edition of Oblivion from Steam at least a couple of years ago when it was on sale. This was before I was savvy with the DLCs and didn't know there were DLCs other than The Shivering Isles and Knights Of The Nine (which the GOTY Edition includes as opposed to the Deluxe Edition which has everything). For the last little while now, I've been wondering if it's possible to purchase the rest of the DLCs without splashing out for the Deluxe Edition, which - even though it would probably be worth it - seems sort of redundant to me. So, as the title states, I was wondering if it was possible to purchase the DLCs. I'm fully aware that they're available on the Bethesda Online Store but 1) I'm not sure if the DLCs are compatible with the Steam version, 2) I'm not sure how the DLCs are sent out even if they are compatible with Steam and 3) I'm not sure I could purchase them even if I wanted. In the FAQ on the Bethesda Online store, they say - and I quote - "We regret that we are unable to process orders with addresses outside of North America.". I live in Ireland.

I'm pretty sure there isn't a way to get my hands on the DLCs without splashing out for the Deluxe Edition, but if there is another way then I would be a happy girl.

EDIT: And for some reason, Steam is saying I own the Deluxe Edition even though I'm absolutely sure I don't. When I check the data files, the .esps and/or .esms for the other DLCs aren't there, so I think Steam is a bit confused on that one.

Edited by shaklee1

The DLCs and KotN were released (at least in the U.S.) together on a retail disc back before Shivering Isles was first released, which was how I originally came to own them. The disc was titled "Knights of the Nine Oblivion Downloadable Content Collection". Even though it doesn't mention the names of the others in the title it does in fact contain Horse Armor, Spell Tomes, etc.

Perhaps checking e-bay and such for this title might help.

The DLCs and KotN were released (at least in the U.S.) together on a retail disc back before Shivering Isles was first released, which was how I originally came to own them. The disc was titled "Knights of the Nine Oblivion Downloadable Content Collection". Even though it doesn't mention the names of the others in the title it does in fact contain Horse Armor, Spell Tomes, etc.

Perhaps checking e-bay and such for this title might help.

Thanks for the quick response. I checked Amazon (which is what I usually use) and I did manage to find it very easily. They only sell it used, but I don't mind that. Even though I already have the KotN, it does contain all the DLCs. I'm just wondering if it's compatible with the Steam version I have. Chances are it is, but I don't want to be spending money on something that won't even work the way it should.

As far as I'm aware, the DLC for Oblivion is essentially a collection of Bethesda-created mods. For all intents and purposes, that's all it is, official mods. It comes in esp format just like any user-created mod. If the Steam version works with Joe Schmoe's esp downloaded from the Nexus, it'll work with Bethesda's horse armor esp. The only issues Steam has are with OBSE which is not, obviously, required for Beth content.

What she said.

Even KotN is basically a plugin. There's an old patch that comes on that disc I mentioned and since you already have Shivering Isles installed that patch probably is useless, but otherwise everything should work for you.