How do I add nif's to a creatures modelList tab?

devinpatterson

How do I add nif's to a creatures modelList tab? I have some nifs that I'v retextured for a protectron, but I don't know how to make them appear in the protectron's model list tab.

Also any suggestions/tutorials for adding new nifs to a creatures model list instead of just a re-texture (need to add a gunslinger's belt with holsters)?

Edited by devinpatterson

Hi!

Make sure that your nif is like a clothing, skined properly to the creatres skeleton and has the right shaders and stuff.

And then you can just put it into the folder in your data folder that the creature is in. look in bsa browser of fomm to find what the folder needs to be called.

Simple as that :D

Hi!

Make sure that your nif is like a clothing, skined properly to the creatres skeleton and has the right shaders and stuff.

And then you can just put it into the folder in your data folder that the creature is in. look in bsa browser of fomm to find what the folder needs to be called.

Simple as that :D

Oh they'r just retextures, so no worries there.

I appreciate the help, but my problem actually turned out to be a little different. For me I had to select the skeleton again from my data folder to make the new nif's show up. I guess it defaults to the nifs in the BSA until you do. Now I see all my new nif's, go figure. But thanks for the help anyway.

I can still use info/tutorial links though on a new nif (gunslingers belt) and what all has to be done (as you say above skinned properly to the skeleton, right shaders etc) to put it on my protectron.

Edited by devinpatterson