Help for a principiant with OOO!

maxdragone

Hello everybody,

I want to install Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, but I'm new in mod experience, and I need a little help from most expert users...

My problem is that my pc is almost old, for this reason I want LITE version, but how can install it?

Does exist an OMOD-ready for LITE version or an opportunity to install and manage it trough OBMM?

If I need to install it manually, can I manage other mod and load order with OBMM?

Many thanks, Max

Hello everybody,

I want to install Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, but I'm new in mod experience, and I need a little help from most expert users...

My problem is that my pc is almost old, for this reason I want LITE version, but how can install it?

Does exist an OMOD-ready for LITE version or an opportunity to install and manage it trough OBMM?

If I need to install it manually, can I manage other mod and load order with OBMM?

Many thanks, Max

You did not post your hardware specs or your operating system -- but, for most users, I'd recommend you install the full version of OOO. The performance hit, if any, you should suffer as compared to the lite version will likely be minimal...assuming you can detect much difference at all. Be sure to install version 1.33 and then the 1.34 beta 5 patch. I'd skip installing the water weeds and other options for full OOO. In my past experience, the real performance hits come from installing OOO as part of FCOM or together with other major overhauls, such as MMM.

To answer at least some of your other questions, you can install OOO manually, if you wish, and still use OBMM to install your other mods and manage the load order of OOO and the OBMM installed mods; however, I'd recommend you instead download and use B.O.S.S. to sort your load order automatically and consistent with the collective wisdom of many members of the Oblivion mod commmunity.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Hem

You did not post your hardware specs or your operating system --

Pentium 4 3.20 Ghz 1GB RAM - Winodws XP Professional, Service Pack 3

I know is not so power, but Oblivion + SI works well...

"but, for most users, I'd recommend you install the full version of OOO. The performance hit, if any, you should suffer as compared to the lite version will likely be minimal...assuming you can detect much difference at all. "

So, I desume that an OMOD version for LITE doesn't exist? I can't create it with OBMM?

"I'd skip installing the water weeds and other options for full OOO.

Water weeds is my worry...

"To answer at least some of your other questions, you can install OOO manually, if you wish, and still use OBMM to install your other mods and manage the load order of OOO and the OBMM installed mods; however, I'd recommend you instead download and use B.O.S.S. to sort your load order automatically and consistent with the collective wisdom of many members of the Oblivion mod commmunity."

Thanks for this, it solves my bigger doubt!

Regards, Max

Your RAM is a little light (recommend upgrading to 2 gigs)...your chip (3.2 Ghz appears adequate and is what I ran with before I got my new rig recently)...your video card is big factor....which you did not post.

I am afraid I currently install OOO through a custom BAIN package...(BAIN=Wrye Bash installer, which is probably not something most mod beginners should attempt to tackle)....so I don't recall whether there is a pre-made OOO-lite OMOD out there. You could, of course, learn to create your own.

From what I recall, water weeds, is an option, even with full OOO...so just don't install that option.

Regards,

Hem

Your RAM is a little light (recommend upgrading to 2 gigs)...your chip (3.2 Ghz appears adequate and is what I ran with before I got my new rig recently)...your video card is big factor....which you did not post.

I am afraid I currently install OOO through a custom BAIN package...(BAIN=Wrye Bash installer, which is probably not something most mod beginners should attempt to tackle)....so I don't recall whether there is a pre-made OOO-lite OMOD out there. You could, of course, learn to create your own.

From what I recall, water weeds, is an option, even with full OOO...so just don't install that option.

Regards,

Hem

Sorry again,

my Video card is: NVIDIA Geforce 7300 LE

The standard OMOD installer I downloaded offered the lite version as an option when installing.

A suggested mod if you DO use OOO is NOT to install Living Economy, but install enhanced Economy instead - it's a more recently updated mod which does similar things, and is easier to configure

The standard OMOD installer I downloaded offered the lite version as an option when installing.

A suggested mod if you DO use OOO is NOT to install Living Economy, but install enhanced Economy instead - it's a more recently updated mod which does similar things, and is easier to configure

Good advice. Enhanced Economy is the arguably the current standard in economy modifications for Oblivion, plus it adds some retrieval quests that provide additional goals to help keep your dungeon diving interesting.

Regards,

Hem

Good advice. Enhanced Economy is the arguably the current standard in economy modifications for Oblivion, plus it adds some retrieval quests that provide additional goals to help keep your dungeon diving interesting.

Regards,

Hem

Hello, I successfully installed OOO with an OMOD reader, thanks to all.

It seems to work well in FULL version, even if my pc is a bit old and not so power. Owever I think to install Streamline, does everybody have experience with it?

About living and enhanced economy, I'm interested to istall TAMRIEL TRAVELS, but in this mod description there is reference to Living economy only, does anybody knows if this mod works with enhanced economy too?

Last question: I want to install also KVATCH REBUILT, but I don't find the compatibility file for OOO. Where I can found it?

Hello, I successfully installed OOO with an OMOD reader, thanks to all.

It seems to work well in FULL version, even if my pc is a bit old and not so power. Owever I think to install Streamline, does everybody have experience with it?

About living and enhanced economy, I'm interested to istall TAMRIEL TRAVELS, but in this mod description there is reference to Living economy only, does anybody knows if this mod works with enhanced economy too?

Last question: I want to install also KVATCH REBUILT, but I don't find the compatibility file for OOO. Where I can found it?

Do you mean Tamriel Travellers? Great mod, if so, and it does not require Living Economy.

I am not a big fan of Streamline, but many users with older machines swear by it. I would recommend Oblivion Stutter Remover. OSR requires OBSE, but OBSE is easy to install and is required by many wonderful mods....so it is worth getting.

The Kvatch Rebuilt download package includes an .esp/plugin file named 'Kvatch Rebuilt - OOO Compatibility.esp.' No other downloads are needed.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Hem