anyone else follow this stuff

hightest

this is a copy of one complaint made to the united states district court. its a long read but when you finish it you will begin to see why computer prices are so high.http://www.ag.ny.gov/media_center/2009/nov/NYAG_v_Intel_COMPLAINT_FINAL.pdf Ive been following intels legal woes for awhile and there quite the company. this is just one of many cases that have been brought to court. Edited by hightest

Hightest, thanks for sharing that PDF.

I have been an AMD fan from a long time now. Unfortunately, they have been literally squeezed out of the market due to Intel's strong-arming tactics (especially true in my country, where even local vendors don't recommend AMD, or pretend as if they don't know how to repair AMD-based systems).

AMD has always been value-for-money, and they started the whole 64-bit computing for Windows platforms -- Intel came onto 64-bit desktop (non-server) computing only later. AMD must be appreciated for managing to survive when many other famous chip-makers have failed against Intel's relentless onslaughts.

Few months back, I wanted to buy a Dell laptop, and found not even a single good AMD-based configuration. Lenovo, HP, Samsung did not have the kind of high-performance gaming configuration I was looking for. Alienware is not available in my country. Ultimately, I had to settle for a Dell XPS 15 with Intel i7, even though it was very expensive, just to play the latest games on the laptop. I have had 3 AMD-based desktop PCs at my home (all are old), running as multimedia/file servers. I've decided to go for AMD, for my new desktop PC too.

A world dominated by Intel is going to be a very difficult world indeed. I hope AMD with its ATI acquisition can make better CPU/GPU hybrids, so that prices down even further. Healthy competition should be encouraged.