ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Sunset Sarsaparilla's Wild Wild West World

devinpatterson

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh we need to do the "foreshadowing" for sunset headquarters too, terminal entries, notes etc on the park. I only have about 10 minutes before I have to take off, but one of the issues we need to decide on is whether the park was open to the public before the war.

Park opened at least for a day and there was the cowboy shooters festival. The result would be that there was a much more fierce resistance to the bots right after the war. Possibly on the order of years of fighting. You get a bunch of rugged, well armed marksmen together and they can be trouble. Survivalist caches, old pitched battlesgrounds, maybe even reprogrammed bots to fight the mainframe, would all be found in the park.

Or

Park never opened and the tribals are descendants of the workers. Little resistance, so the tribe was kept pretty much penned in at their current location.

I know we've discussed the merits of both before, but if we can pin down one or the other I'll be able to set up the notes as well as any advertisements, grand opening banners at the headquarters etc.

Also everything else that "foreshadows" the park. I'll make invoices and reciepts for teh BigMT bots (mark I through VI), I'll have a mark VI named "Hauss" in a shipping crate in western gear), paperwork from general atomic and vault-tec re: the medical work on Bills daughter. Lots of stuff to add. But if we can do that before the mod is released it will be a lot smoother than going back and filling in teh back story after parts 3 and 4 come out, and it will tie the 1st part to the park much stronger.

I really think that having it be a special "Pre-Grand Opening" kind of event with lots of people brought in to see an exhibition/carefully guided tour (through just the fully finished portions of course) would be the best way to do it gives a good background of tribals that were a mix of workers (completing the final touches and those that were just park workers for the already completed portions) and visitors for the event (though often all the attractions of a Amusement park aren't complete when it does do a Grand Opening...so that would work just as well I suppose).

Yeah, big projects (ships, buildings, etc.) all "open" before they're fully complete... mainly for the publicity, but also for the wholly understandable "we got 90% of this mo'fo done, time to party!" mentality that having something very close to what you've been planning actually *there* inspires.

Finally decided to get my s**T together with the train model...

I did a tad amount of work on the bell's frame and added a wheel node for the main drive train...

basically, just need to clone the wheels and put them on the squares (it's literally "put on" function in the interface) which should take all of a minute...

the bell is a bit harder (well, a LOT harder) mainly because of how curvy it is. Also the pipe thingies on the engine are a big PITA, no clue how I'm going to handle them.. so I guess I'll finish the tender's wheels or the pistons first.

http://imageshack.us/a/img507/8219/bitwiththebell.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img560/7728/wheelnodes.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img209/5799/zview.png