Sunset Sarsaparilla's Wild Wild West World

devinpatterson

So hope everyones cool with the test building model, going back to work on "Log Flume Car", hope to have a nice v1 to pic to show, and be able to send the file to devin. Edited by Flaarg

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The solar array exterior is almost finished. The only remaining essentials are the doors for the two story building, and the turrets/defenses. WRT the latter, I would like the turrets to be passive, only becoming hostile when the PC (or anything else) enters through the gates. They also cease hostility when the trespasser gets to be a certain distance from the fence, so the player can't do this.

[i know the vid is in Spanish, can't find it in English :tongue: )

So hope everyones cool with the test building model, going back to work on "Log Flume Car", hope to have a nice v1 to pic to show, and be able to send the file to devin.

Oh yeah the test model looks great, actually everything you'v put up is looking sharp. I'm just worried about how to get a working texture set in there....

The solar array exterior is almost finished. The only remaining essentials are the doors for the two story building, and the turrets/defenses. WRT the latter, I would like the turrets to be passive, only becoming hostile when the PC (or anything else) enters through the gates. They also cease hostility when the trespasser gets to be a certain distance from the fence, so the player can't do this.

[i know the vid is in Spanish, can't find it in English :tongue: )

Well you could adjust the aggro radius so its end is just at the start of the fence. Or you could make an activator, use a cubic trigger and attach a script with the startcombat command. But neither of those two by themselves will make it stop combat. Although I suppose you could put another trigger farther back and everytime the player enters it have a stop combat command. Make sure if you do a trigger/activator you begin the script with a Begin OnTriggerEnter. Oh and there is a tick box for player only, I can't remember what it is named but it means only the player can trip it.

I got the truck into NifScope, but I can't figure out how to get the texture into GIMP. I'd rather not start from scratch :tongue:

I'm working on a sentry bot, so I have gimp & nifskope open, let me take a peak at one of the sunset flatbed trucks

Devin, I meant that I haven't started the texturing work yet, as I can't get the original texture into GIMP. As I suck at custom texturing, I would prefer to modify (recolor) the truck's original texture.

Right, do you mean where is it located? For example truck08.nif uses car05.dds which is in the Fallout - Textures2.bsa in your data directory. You can unzip it with FOMM under the tools->BSA browser. Or are you asking where the block is in the nif block details, if so I'll upload a pic that shows 16 BSShaderTextureSet. Or is it something else your asking?

P.S. there is some sort of color transformation going on there so the green texture shows up as redish orange. Maybe something like a layer in car05_m.dds or car03_n.dds.

Edit: well the board won't let me upload the pic let me see if I can get some upload quota back by removing some old pics from this thread

SOrry for not being clear, I meant that I can see the texture and stuff in NifScope, but I don't know how to get it into a file format that I can edit.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I got two of the textures out of the .bsa, but neither of them were the "body" texture- one was a wierd blue haze, and the other was the atomic logo on the side.

Edited by TrooperScooperMKII

SOrry for not being clear, I meant that I can see the texture and stuff in NifScope, but I don't know how to get it into a file format that I can edit.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I got two of the textures out of the .bsa, but neither of them were the "body" texture- one was a wierd blue haze, and the other was the atomic logo on the side.

The truck textures are in Fallout - Textures2.bsa. Mine is listed as car05.dds (that's for truck 08). I'll attach a pic. There is a red overlay in the nif that changes the green texture to red. You should know though that the uv map for that is pretty complicated. It reuses the same area of the texture over and over again, even revearsing the orientation. So if I paste one logo on the dds it shows up in at least two places and one of them upside down. You may want to use a simpler nif to start with.

Now I'm confused. I understand the principles behind UV mapping, but I've never worked with actual textures in-game; I've created greyscale height maps for Medieval 2, as well as some basic image work (like the stuff I did above) but no game textures. So, what are you suggesting? I know where all the files are; I created "new" variants of Pre-War money by duplicating the existing mesh and applying three separate textures, and I know how to add custom meshes/textures into the GECK; I couldn't find the flatbed truck texture in the BSA, so I opened the model in Nifscope.

I've already shut down my modding PC for the night, so I'm not able to do any more work today. I guess that I could look at the truck in GECK tomorrow, it should have the file path for the texture(s) in there.