Sunset Sarsaparilla's Wild Wild West World

devinpatterson

I've been wondering about what would happen after the main quest finished, i.e. what incentive there would be to return. One of the big problems with the DLC is that even if you CAN return, there isn't always an incentive to do so, aside from looting weapons/items not incorporated into the main game. I always snatch up the mods that add the new weapons/armor into the main area, i.e. the police pistol in the wasteland.

What I;m getting at is having the park be relevant for the main wasteland map. Even if it's just having a few roving traders appear inside the park if the PC encourages the surviving faction to let people in. There could be a new "Trade Post" where the entrance to the park is, with a small tavern/motel and a few makeshift homes/tents all around it. Basically the park has a little settlement spring up at the entrance to facilitate trade. There would be wastelanders ("tourists") within the park, and there could be miniquests to restore any rides/attractions to operational condition. A true NV theme park.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The glove would basically be a modular upgrade for the Pip-Boy; it would cover the entire lower left arm and would have a mesh designed to look like an extended Pip-Boy in the proper location. IE it's a Pip-Boy "Upgrade" that's actually a glove weapon/equipped item. This would work perfectly in the sense that you can only equip one at a time (there could even be a script to keep the player from changing the glove easily) and it could have attached bonuses.

Yeah, I think that would be (relatively?) easy, as there's a pipboy glove mesh in hte same folder if I remember right.

EDIT: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Pip-Boy_3000 ok I guess all pipboys come with a glove according to the wiki. I suppose I didn't really notice, so your thinking adding a bonus to the glove and having specialized glove. Ie security glove could have a pneumatic powerfist attributes, medical glove could be a stimpack injector that could heal npc's (or apply other chems to npc's), engineer cold be zap glove? I could probably just cut off the glove part of the powerfists and add them to the pipboy. It would give us several new models. Then re-texture them to fit teh pipboy model they are being paired with.

Something along those lines? Or would it be non weapon special effects/bonuse? like a new/2nd hardware module?

EDIT: I really like the medical injector for using stim packs and other inject-able chems on NPC's. It's cool for dosing a companion with psych & med-X before battle or just healing a non companion npc with a crippled limb. But I think it would be particularly useful in the sunset mod if you choose the option of full park assault with the tribals, because I'm sure there will be heavy casualties.

Edited by devinpatterson

I've been wondering about what would happen after the main quest finished, i.e. what incentive there would be to return. Basically the park has a little settlement spring up at the entrance to facilitate trade. There would be wastelanders ("tourists") within the park, and there could be miniquests to restore any rides/attractions to operational condition. A true NV theme park.

Sure could be a new faction. Less powerful than major factions NCR, House, legion, but on par with the minor factions (BOS, Boomers) etc due to their robotic resources. We could dig back into the V2 thread on the private board where the park is resurrected as a full fledged tourist attraction under the benevolent and watchful eye of the tribals chosen one (because lets face it, most of the original tribals aren't the sharpest tools in the shed). Didn't the V2 thread have additional missions as well for continuing story line? Educating the tribals could be a quest, repairing attractions to reap rewards (bottle caps) from tourists etc.

It would be nice to put the pc in the center of that (well close to hte center, the tribals chosen one should be the leader/focus of power). And it would be nice to have NPC's really respond to the player being in charge. As opposed to the strip where hte pc essentially owns mr. houses resources and everything from the securitrons to the human npcs play pretty much the same as the first day you arrived. If the developers had thrown in additional story elements in regard to teh ncr/legion vegas families maneuvering to be allies/enemies with the pc and forming new power structures that would be cool. Or at least thrown in dialog to make it appear as if your in charge of one of the largest factions in NV. But I suppose since your story ends at hoover dam there wasn't any point in view of the story line.

You know I'm pretty sure we covered this in teh V2 post, I'll check it out.

Also I think I'm going to include a separate thread for putting the private sunset board posts that way TrooperScooperMKII, kagstrom2100 and anyone else following the current thread doesn't have to wade through a couple of pages of old stuff each day. But it will still get out our previous work, since we've had a few requests for it and will hopefully stimulate not just interest in the mod, but refine and build upon our ideas (or just tell us how wrong we've got it).

Also I was thinking we should reconsider never having the park open before the war.

Trooper your arguments that there havn't been any advertisements, or knowledge of the park and therefore it was not completed before the war (like the sierra madre) make good sense. But there are aspects that I'd like to include in the mod that cannot be explained by only having workers in the park. Some are simple stuff like having the hotel and villa rooms occupied but some are more complicated and are tied into the story line. So I thought what I could do is make up some posters (or perhaps Kagstrom could make them he's already done a few that turned out really well) and place them quietly in my other mods. that way they will be in the background as advertisements. I also have two companion mods coming out that have tie ins to sunset park. This way we lay the groundwork for some hints.

Let me know what you think.

RE Nuka Cola Saboteurs-

would they be a mild gag (unique weapon? Mini quest?) or have some relevance to the plot? If they were told to do more than just watch and observe then they could have done serious damage, or just trash a few "trivial" areas i.e. the nursery, perhaps releasing the Bear...

I think it should be at least a mini-quest, but it can also be a great way to discover some back history/atmosphere. Stuff that wouldn't have been recorded by sunset employees (whether because it was trivial, embarrassing to the company or a security breach) could be in the spy(s) notes. I think it would be especially useful for security info. It could be a treasure trove of notes on important persons, security protocols, codes etc etc. So I think it would definitely tie into the plot.

Do we go with typical corporate espionage or a real spy, someone capable of hacking, black ops etc as opposed to stealing paperwork?

looks good, I'll see if there are any assets we can use and if so perhaps oldwolfe and thatguy will give us permission to use them

Why not have them hired by the Chinese? I'm shocked that they didn't investigate the Vault projects.

True it is strange...especially since it ate up like most of teh US GDP, like hundreds of billions per a vault or something. Hard not to leave a paper trail with that kind of cash flowing out.

Do you want to do both, but not necessarily connected? The nukea spy(s) will be coporate (stealing privileged company info) and the chinese spy(s) black ops to study vault tech (in this case, primarily the organic CPU).

Oh and also some more good natured rivalry. Like some sunset employees have a nuka protectron they took in the grand tradition of frat boys or other corp rivalry pranks.

Edited by devinpatterson