Sunset Sarsaparilla's Wild Wild West World

devinpatterson

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... A Limited Edition Sunset Sasparilla Cowboy Repeater and .44 Revolver. Nice yellow/golden (do i call it camo?) color for the metal and the Sunset Sasparilla logo on the stocks and grips of both (kind of like the old red rider bb guns!) Those would be some nice prizes for winning some minigames or something.

Sunset Sam says;

"A 357 is a respectable revolver for young ladies and with 38 special cartridges make a fine gun for the little ones (boys and girls alike). A 44 mag, well that's a fine pistol for a experienced young lady, a tenderfoot or someone between hay and grass. But what you want is a man's revolver, a pistol that makes every shot feel like you just got kicked in the hand by a mule, for a hog-killin' time. Well partner, we have bang-up firearms for your every need. For the modern gunslinger we have revolvers in .50 Action Express, 500 S&W Magnum even the .50 Alaskan as well as the much lauded Colt Cowboy Revolvers. For our old time cowboy shooters we have genuine Colt Single Action Army Peacemaker replicas that will accept 45/45 long/454 causul/.460 S&W Magnum cartridges. But if that's not authentic enough for you we have Win 45-90 revolvers, which is that there mule we were talking about.

We even have sunset limited edition custom made .50 Alaskan 5-shot single action revolvers. As a bonus you can always use it as an anti aircraft weapon for when those pesky china-men come swarming across the boarder of our fine, peace loving U S of A."

But seriously there is a long list of new weapons, most of them related to the sport of cowboy shooting. A plethora of lever action rifles, revolvers and lever action shot guns, limited only by the number of in game models we can acquire. Most are real. Some are fictive. For instance the Colt cowboy revolvers and SAA replicas only chamber 45's in our world, but in the fallout world the 45 version will be able to chamber 45, 45 long, 454 causul & 460 S&W Mag. The calibers are virtually the same, but the length of the bullet varies considerably as does the power.

These new weapons will help players with the cowboy perk to deal with the new enhanced duraframe bots of the park.

The justification for this is that the art of cowboy shooting was as popular in the Mojave region, if not more so, than our modern day interests. Combine this with the paranoia and aggressive nature of fallouts usa (as well as advances in metallurgy ie cosmic metal/saturnite) and you have some interesting firearm development. Case in point, Sunset Park was hosting one of the largest cowboy shooting events in the country when the bombs began to fall (but more on this in a future post).

The new weapons will use dynamic form lists so no more conflicts due to overwriting cowboy perk, ammo lists, repair lists etc.

Edited by devinpatterson

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the antique eyebot working in game. I thought I would use this as messenger eyebot and another model as EM warfare. The giant antenna seems well suited to communications and EM warfare.

Messages and dialog from the mainframe, Sunset Sam and (when hacked) the tribals chosen one can be delivered to the player by the messenger eyebot. The messenger eyebots are small (about 2/3 size), extremely fast and have weak to mid level stereo sonic emitters. I hope to animate the screen like the securitorns to have a cowboy or cowgirl face.

The EM warfare bots will be about twice the size of a normal eyebot (possibly bigger) and be flying several stories up (or higher) moving very slowly. They have a large aggro radius and a long range, strong EMP pulse weapon useful against players with power armor and rogue bots. They also provide EM warfare (jamming) of any foreign radio signals into or out of the valley. It was a EM eyebot that hit a fleeing enclave vertibird, disabling all electronic systems and causing the craft to crash in sunset valley a decade and a half ago. The survivor of that crash was the infant tribals chosen one.

here is a pic of one at normal eyebot size, hasn't been re-textured into sunset colors yet.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/8493/screenshot307.jpg

In addition messenger eyebots can be made into eyebot helmets. Everything is working in game except I have to put an mesh on the inside of the helm;

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/221/eyebothelm.jpg

without the inside mesh you get errors like these where you can see through the helm

Edited by devinpatterson

Which forum should i post in?I like this idea very much and sorry for my last comment, i was thinking of vanilla guns at the time. I'm sure their are much better ones made.

This forum and topic right here is perfect. The other topic/thread "Sunset Wild West History" is more for history of the park and old topics. This thread here is for current development. Looking forward to hearing your ideas.

I'm going to continue my idea i had in the other forum now that i get the jist of where things go and what forum to post what in.Heres my idea for a new melee weapon:

It would be called the Juicer Fist(very lame) or something like that and it would have these characteristics:

1.It should be made at a workbench

2.It should do some kind of poison related to the famous drink.

3.The components could be found in the park.

4.It would basically be one of those manual hand juicers they use to squeeze oranges(Do they still have those?) somehow put on your fist.

2.It should do some kind of poison related to the famous drink.

What if instead of poison, if you kill a human and have the Cannibal perk, or kill another species the juicer lets you make a meat smoothie or meat juice drink. The drink, restores a little bit more health than a steak, and is lighter (more concentrated than a hunk of flesh).

finished a protectron clear dome & brain. I may change the glass or tweak it a little (it's a little dark in the dome). I'm using Rex's brain (slightly enlarged) for this example pic, but I thought we would use Ghogiels Brain and have a pink healthy brain for those tribals recently harvested. Grey for mature tribal brains. Green ver for brains older than normal lifespan and the green glowing ones for really old brains, like from pre-war times. I also thought it might be appropriate to equip Bronco Bill and other members of his posse, as well as high profile/important protectron brain bots with valence radii-accentuator or atomic-valence tri-radii-oscillators. This would be a way to slow the neurological degeneration of (or perhaps even regenerate) the old green glowing brains. That's assuming they can fit around the protectron dome and cowboy hats (which is a long shot).

The different color brains can also be an indicator of skill sets and levels (as is headgear in sunset park).

Here is a pic;

http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/4922/normalbrain.jpg

and a side view

Edited by devinpatterson

without the inside mesh you get errors like these where you can see through the helm

You can add a stencil property in Nifskope that'll get rid of that problem for you :thumbsup:

Nice, thank you Kibblesticks :thumbsup:

There is a faction of tribals that worship the mainframe. They believe that the antenna helps to tune in their gods voice, so it's great to have that fixed

Hey devin i got the link for the neon signs, you can look through the pictures and take a look:http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39551 :thumbsup:

Ah yes, speedy's resources, we'll be using some of his work for the sub-levels, thanks