Sunset Sarsaparilla's Wild Wild West World

devinpatterson

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey would u guys like if i started finding genre public domain songs to put on ur radio?

Yes that would help a great deal, as would voice actors. I started collecting some songs a while back. Mostly I found banjo instrumentals as well as guitar & fiddle instrumentals. Maybe it just happened to be the luck of the draw , maybe it was predominate in early recording history, and thus the first for copyright to expire, don't know. But that's what seemed to pop up most for me. So I sort of went with it and figured those would fit well with sunset park. That being said other musical genres can be useful as well, especially 50's music for generic fallout style.

The only requirement is you really have to really vet the music and document where it came from, it's permission etc. One wrong song could potentially shut the whole mod down. My next step was (going to be) to explore the National Jukebox Historical Recordings from the Library of Congress. They were just getting up and running when I was searching for songs.

@devinpatterson use instead of sentry bot/sunset bot and protectron bot/sunset protectron and the eyebot/sunbot :P

But of course we have sunset bots;

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2999/bothy.jpg

We also have sunset eyebots of many types. Eyebots like K8-E a potential companion, voiced by Apocalyptic Girl, kachina eyebots, antique eyebots. Protectrons such as heavy weapons protectrons that are not only larger with heavy weapons like the fatman, but some versions may have power armor equivalents and protectron brain bots. Gunslinger Mr Gutsy's. New turrets like a plasma turret and gauss turret. And many more. Sunset park is all about bots.

This looks incredible cant wait to see the finished product:D maybe you could add some hard secretive thing to get;D

Thanks Raveskye. But you can help to improve it. We do have a lot of secret items. They are primarily weapons, but we also have some companions and other stuff like a bobble head, equipment, ingestibles etc. But any ideas you have post them and we'll see about including them.

I'm trying to think of a useful function for a Raven companion. A raven seems very Mojave-ish in character to me and it seems like an excellent stylistic addition to have on your shoulder for the Mojave wastelander.

Edited by devinpatterson

should i make the mono files on the extended new vegas radio generator? weel hav 2 give Jarol credit. or should i try 2 devolop/find/beg/steal tech to do it myself?

Hmmm I'm not too sure as of yet. It would be handy since we will have a lot of speakers playing sunset station. I'll leave that up to you Rubyfire1, I'm just glad someone is gathering songs, they are badly needed.

alright i have 57 songs and all the mono files, where do i upload the file? also if its all ok then when can we get the anouncer files? so i can put together the station Edited by rubyfire1